Chemonics seeks a Strategic Sourcing Lead in support of the $9.5B USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement Supply Management program based in Arlington, VA. The Strategic Sourcing Lead will lead assessment of market trends, suppliers and products with the goal of improving sourcing strategies for adult and pediatric Anti-Retroviral (ARV) medicines, supplies and other products for the HIV/AIDS health program (i.e. Task Order 1) for GHSC-PSM. In this role, you will have the opportunity to drive sourcing strategies on a global scale to derive maximum value and lead strategic partnering with suppliers. By playing a lead role in developing and implementing ARV sourcing strategies, you can make a positive impact on millions of people living with HIV in over 30 countries. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
GHSC-PSM is the primary vehicle through which the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) procures and provides health commodities for countries receiving U.S. government foreign assistance. GHSC-PSM also provides technical assistance to improve the efficiency, reach, and sustainability of in-country supply chains and is supported with funding from the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief, the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative, USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program, and USAID’s maternal and child health program.
- Reporting to the Strategy Director within the Global Supply Chain (GSC) Strategy Team, the Strategic Sourcing Lead will work closely on a day to day basis with the project’s HIV/AIDS Planning team, including the HIV/AIDS (Task Order 1) Director, the Integrated Supply Chain Manager, the Supplier Relations Manager and others. The Lead will help ensure strategic direction and priorities of ARVs and other category-specific procurement activities are implemented to achieve client and corporate objectives and support sourcing events and contract-related negotiations.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Identify, analyze, and make recommendations to ARV sourcing strategy development, using historical procurement data, market research and analytics, quality assurance inputs, supplier and partner intelligence, and Supplier Management team input.
- Lead or oversee ARV strategy updates, as needed, to respond to changes in market conditions, the supplier base and client needs.
- Lead or oversee ARV and other strategic sourcing processes across categories of suppliers, engaging existing and new vendors, to negotiate best value, pricing and other relevant terms in contracts.
- Lead collaboration or act as liaison for GHSC-PSM headquarters and field office functional teams and USAID stakeholders to collect critical TO1 market and supply chain inputs and assess commodity sourcing opportunities and risks.
- Lead collaboration or act as liaison for the agenda and work of one or more TO1 commodity councils, in coordination with the executive sponsors and technical leads, to provide overall governance of sourcing strategies and category management.
- Provide technical guidance and expertise for TO1 technical working groups and sourcing events.
- Provide project management support as needed.**
- Monitor and report status and results of strategic sourcing activities to GHSC-PSM leadership.
- Support responses to ad hoc data requests from the client.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required, Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum 8 years’ work experience in supply chain, health programs, or pharmaceutical procurement (ARV procurement preferred)
- Project management experience in a technically relevant field required
- Experience with conducting qualitative and quantitative research and using data analytical tools, including Excel
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Experience working in a cross-collaborative and cross-cultural environment
- Experience liaising with suppliers, clients and/or partners in analytic and strategy development activities preferred
- Familiarity with commercial and/or government procurement practices preferred
- Familiarity with USAID beneficiary countries or other resource constrained countries a plus
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility and integrity
- Secondary language proficiency a plus