Strategy and Policy Administrative Associate
UNOPS, New York, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
Background Information - Job-specific:
This position is located in the Policy Strategy and Governance Division, Office of Information and Communications Technology (OICT/PSGD) in New York. The Office of Information and Communications Technology provides enterprise-wide oversight of ICT programmes, budgets and decision-making to ensure alignment with the Secretariat's overall ICT strategy in support of the Organization's mission. This is a position in UNOPS for supporting projects carried out for or in the United Nations Secretariat. The incumbent of this position will be a staff member of UNOPS under its full responsibility.
Within delegated authority, the Strategy and Policy Administrative Associate will be responsible for the following duties:
- Assist in preparing and drafting ICT strategy and related communications
- Assist in monitoring and reporting on ICT strategy implementation
- Prepare, monitor and report on ICT policy activities carried out by the section.
- Plan ICT policy revision schedule.
- Organize ICT policy committee meetings and prepare documentation.
- Assist to review request for new policies.
- Liaise with ICT entities to coordinate working groups for policy development.
- Help drafting ICT related policies aiming to achieve proper and efficient use of ICT resources.
- Follow-up on endorsement process until issuance of policies.
- Insure proper archiving of endorsed policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Impact of Results:
OICT has developed a policy framework across the UN Secretariat covering all ICT related areas aligned with the ICT Strategy. The policy development function is responsible for maintaining the ICT policies and for developing new polices as needed in collaboration with subject matter experts and the ICT Policy Committee.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. Additional technical degree or training in Information Technology is an advantage;
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, or related field is desirable.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in the field of information technology or information system is required. A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in relevant field may substitute for some of the required years of experience.
- At least 2 years of experience providing support in development and implementation of ICT policy and strategies.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- For this position, fluency in English is required.