Strategy & Innovation Analyst
FHI 360, United States
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
- Identifies, cultivates and analyzes qualitative and quantitative data in the external competitive market as well as in the internal organization to support business needs, particularly in social innovation.
- Develops competitive landscape analyses for countries, regions, or sectors of interest by analyzing and forecasting funder, competitor and other market trends.
- Identifies external and internal innovation opportunities that aligns with market trends and business need.
- Collaborates across other functional teams to support integration of information into strategic planning recommendations.
- Ability to manage key stakeholder and client relationships, internally and externally
- Interprets and translates data into written text and meaningful formats, including production of data visualizations (graphs, charts, tables, maps), summaries, briefs, reports and presentations for executive leadership and functional teams.
- Updates data from multiple sources within the database system on a regular basis to provide information to management to make strategic business decisions.
- Leads project management and coordination/development of work plans, deliverables, and activities.
- Maintains report forms, formats, information dashboards, data generators, reports and other resources.
- Manages internal relationships and cultivates new relationships to support strategy and innovation priorities
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience and/or knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of strategic analysis, social entrepreneurship (or intrapreneurship), social impact investing, design thinking and/or social innovation.
- Excellent and demonstrated project management skills.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, identifies errors, and prepares reports.
- Ability to negotiate, influence and collaborate with others.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Works on problems that are diverse and require analysis of data and evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Demonstrates good judgment in reframing problems and selecting methods and techniques to obtain results and solutions.
- Networks with internal and external personnel in area of expertise.
- Decisions and actions may affect a work unit or area within a department.
- Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent
- Business Administration, Social Innovation, Finance, or Related Field.
- Typically requires 2-5 years of experience with market research, entrepreneurship, business analysis, finance and/or project management.
- Prior experience as a social entrepreneur or working with a management consulting, social impact and/or non-governmental organization (NGO) is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in client management and business/partnerships development
- Demonstrated experience with analyzing data and creating specifications for reports based on business needs/requests.
- Demonstrated understanding and familiarity with international and domestic funders across multiple sectors.
- Demonstrated ability to work in ambiguity and has an entrepreneurial spirit
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English.
- Design thinking skills preferred
- Manages/supports team projects and ensures quality deliverables.
- Leads/supports project planning and management of data collection and reporting.
- Makes recommendations to management by presenting data summaries, briefs, reports, and presentations.
- Serves as a resource for management to make informed business decisions.
- Typically reports to an Associate Director or Director.