Subaward Contracts Specialist
FHI 360, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
The Subaward Contracts Specialist will work in partnership with members of the Contract Management Services Department to perform specialized tasks from pre-award to close-out related to subawards. These tasks may include a wide variety of discrete transactions occurring at various stages of the subaward process. Typical tasks include: Supplementing the technical assistance provided by the Contracting Officer to proposal development in reviewing teaming agreements and NDAs; Review Subaward packages and finalize subaward documents for signature; Provide support to subaward negotiations under the direction of contracting officers; Perform quality assurance reviews of subaward records and produce reports for CMS management; Prepare donor approval requests for subaward approvals; Conduct subaward close out in coordination with project teams.
- Fully knowledgeable of FHI 360 subaward processes and donor regulations.
- Serve as a resource for project teams.
- Review standard pre-award documents (NDAs,Teaming Agreement) for proposed subawards;
- Prepares, reviews, and approves sub awards following established procedures and thresholds.
- Review sub award data in sub award database.
- Prepares, reviews, modifications to sub awards.
- Conducts quality assurance reviews of data in subaward system and prepares reports for department management.
- Work in partnership with records management staff to maintain the accuracy and integrity of the unit filing system.
- Accountabilities will be differentiated by:
- Degree of complexity of transactions handled (transition from routine/moderate complexity to higher complexity.
- Level of interaction with internal and external clients.
- Exercise of expanding decision rights.
- Quantity of transactions handled.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Working knowledge of Acquisition/Assistance types, Agreement components, Purchase Orders, Commercial agreements, Subagreements and flowdown requirements.
- Intermediate knowledge of donor (USG and non-USG) rules and regulations applicable to sponsored projects.
- Working knowledge of contracting concepts and principles in order to ensure lower tiered subaward documents are compliant with prime award requirements.
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and project management skills.
- Ability to manage a variety of activities and pay close attention to detail.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including MS Word, Outlook, Powerpoint and Excel.
- Read, write and speak English. Fluency in a foreign language is desired.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to interact professionally in culturally diverse settings.
- Ability to research and interpret information to respond to inquiries.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Works on increasingly complex and problems of diverse scope requiring critical analysis and comprehensive evaluation of critical factors.
- Increasingly exercising independent judgment in developing methods and techniques to obtain solutions (and process improvements).
- Increasing independence in determining specific tasks to accomplish in order to meet certain goals and objectives.
- Demonstrable growth in technical expertise on regulatory matters, contract management systems, processes, and computer software.
- Works under the direction of supervisor
- Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent • Business Administration, Legal Studies or related Field.
- Typically requires 4 years’ professional work experience with at least 2 yrs. in a contracting position either in the Federal Government or a Non-governmental Organization (NGO).