Closing Date for Applications:
Internews is seeking a Subgrants Manager a potential USAID-funded media support project initiative in Indonesia. The Subgrants manager also works with the Finance, Admin & HR Manager to provide administrative, programmatic and technical leadership for the subgrants component of Internews programming in Indonesia.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Launch and administer sub-partner grants and grant pools
- Day-to-day administration of subgrants
- Oversee the award process, in close collaboration with Internews HQ Subgrants team and local subgrants and finance staff.
- Draft award agreements and modifications, and, within specific limits established, approve subgrants as allowed by Internews policy and funder restrictions.
- Work with successful applicants to ensure agreements are well understood and appropriate for their project and capacity.
- Conduct needs assessments and capacity assessments of subrecipients.
- Create capacity development plans for subrecipients, together with all departments, including finance, logistics, M&E etc.
- Identify technical support partner (s) to ensure programmatic capacity building and activities are properly implemented, and adequate programmatic training is received.
- Work with candidate subrecipients to finalize budgets and activities.
- Provide monitoring and oversight on subgrants, including financial tracking and progress toward deliverables.
- Ensure compliance with USAID rules and regulations.
- Maintain subrecipient activity tracking schedules for project development, field reports, site visits, and follow-up communications with funders.
- Review and track subgrant financial reporting; Investigate financial discrepancies or deficiencies.
- Conduct site visits and desk audits of select subgrants
- Manage all non-programmatic reporting related to subgrants including accruals, cost share, VAT, financial status, year-end subgrant cash, etc.
- Work closely with technical support partner on all programmatic reporting.
- Prepare subgrant documentation for Audits.
- Serve as point of contact for subgrant Audit issues.
- Conduct subgrant budget analysis and review budgets for accuracy, completeness, and adherence to internal financial requirements.
- Supervise the grants staff.
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values
- Proven experience with grants coordination/monitoring experience, including field experience
- University degree in finance, administration, international relations, or related field
- Knowledge of Indonesia’s media landscape is a plus
- Excellent analytical and financial management skills
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Experience with MS Excel and Word
- Proven organization skills, with attention to detail
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize with a shifting workload
- Fluency in English
- Understanding of and experience with the administration of USAID grants, cooperative agreements and contracts
- Experience monitoring recipients of USG and other funding sources
- Experience with administrative systems of international NGOs
- Skilled in cooperative resolution of problems
- Strong financial management skills
- Proven ability to develop and monitor work plans and training plans.
- Practical experience in establishing and operating participatory training programs
- Ability to adjust to shifting political circumstances and create programming accordingly
- Sensitivity to cross-cultural dynamics in the workplace and experience supervising staff