Supply Chain Assistant
Danish Refugee Council, Kenya
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. Using a protection of human rights framework, DRC has mainly focused on Somalis who are displaced by conflict. Programmes include protection, livelihoods, food and NFI distribution, water and sanitation, and advocacy among others. There are 4 main programme offices in Somali region, one in Yemen, one in Kenya and one regional office in Nairobi. There are also non-operational region wide initiatives, focusing on advocacy and capacity building, which are supported from the Nairobi regional office. Currently there is over 150 DRC staff in the region. During 2014, DRC in Dadaab will continue to provide both emergency life-saving assistance and long term development support to existing refugees, new arrivals and the host community through funding from UNHCR, Danida, ECHO and DRC's own funds.
About the job
Participate in processing procurement requests for goods and services in the DRC Dadaab Field Office.
- Ensure all DRC procurements are completed according to procedures at all times, and within the minimum time-frames.
- Ensuring tracking and reporting of all procurement activities through the daily updating of the procurement tracking sheet (PSR), and sharing this with managers and programmers in a timely manner.
- Receive and processing of Procurement Requests.
- Liaise closely with the Country procurement Team and the Finance Officer on ground, as well as the Support Services Manager for local procurement.
- Carry out procurement, including getting quotations, preparing purchase orders, contracts, negotiations, dealing with vendors, checking legal requirements etc., and transfer of project materials from DMO to the camp sites
- Identify potential, credible and competent vendors for DRC to deal with and do town-runs for quick procurement and coordinate DRC procurement functions with vendors and contractors
- Carry out market survey and maintain accurate material listing price on quarterly basis
- Degree/Diploma in Business Management/Logistics or Procurement.
- 2 years of experience in humanitarian Logistics/supply chain Management
- Good in networking, and in information sharing with other humanitarian stakeholders
- Accountability to the beneficiaries, the Organization and other stakeholders.
- Appreciation of technology and its importance in programming
- Commitment to continuous Learning
- Able to support all the programmes through well-developed skills and knowledge.
- Ability to make decision on behalf of the Organization.
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Kiswahili