The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
DRC has been operating in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region for over a decade, running a combination of emergency, livelihood, protection and advocacy programmes through Country Offices (COs) in Algeria, Libya/Tunisia, Syria, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey with a Regional Office (RO) in Amman. DRC has 17 offices and approximately one thousand staff members across the MENA region. Following an internal HQ restructuring, from 1st January 2018 the region is focusing on the Middle East, hence Algeria, Tunisia and Libya will transition to a new region during the course of 2018, while Yemen will join the Middle East region.
About the job
To support with logistics and purchasing for the Baghdad office and program sites throughout Baghdad in close coordination with the Head of Field Office, Baghdad program teams, other departments (finance, etc.) and with the South Central logistics & procurement team and to ensure compliance with DRC logistics & procurement guidelines. Your main
duties and responsibilities will be:
- Responsible for the procurement cycle including receiving & verifying Purchase Requests from program teams, identification of potential suppliers, receiving quotations from suppliers through a Single Quote or Request for Quotations (RFQ) process, completing RFQ reports, organizing signing of Purchase Orders (contracts) with suppliers, and working with finance team to ensure timely payment to suppliers
- Maintaining an up-to-date procurement tracker in coordination with South Central logistics department
- Maintaining an up-to-date inventory list & proper storage of DRC assets in the storage room or other storage sites
- Follow-up in a timely manner with Suppliers for all urgent requirements
- Responsible for logistical support to the Falluja office, sub-offices in AAF & HTC, and to program teams including maintenance & repair, generator functionality & fueling, etc.
- Responsible for fleet management including day-to-day scheduling of vehicles based on program needs and oversight of drivers in close coordination with the South Central Fleet Officer
- Support the Base Manager on field level donor/internal/external audits
- Main liaison with the South Central Supply Chain team and ensure strong communication and coordination
- Ensure all processes are completed in accordance with the DRC Operations Handbook, SOPs, donor guidelines, and Iraqi law
- Conduct all duties in accordance with the DRC Code of Conduct and ensure all DRC Suppliers conform with the DRC Code of Ethics
- Provide timely Procurement Reports to the Base Manager and South Central Supply Chain Manager as needed
- Attend meetings as Supply Chain representative as required and provide input related to your department
- Assist with Fleet Management tasks as needed
- Updating daily vehicle movement schedule and records and assigning of all mechanical transport as required.
- Compile regular fuel consumption reports and monthly vehicle utilization analysis
- Others duties assigned by the Base Manager
- This job description is not a definitive task list but has been done to clarify the responsibilities of the employee
To be successful in this role we expect the following:
- 1or more years of experience in logistics/procurement
- Experience working with NGOs or humanitarian organizations is a plus
- Must be organized, able to multi-task, flexible, and able to work as a team
- Honesty & integrity
- Strong computer skills including advanced Excel skills