Supply Chain Associate
World Food Programme, Baghdad, Iraq
Closing Date for Applications:
- Based in the Baghdad CO under the direct line-management of the Supply Chain Officer supporting School Feeding. This role will be responsible for supporting ministry of education to assess the capacity of MOE, develop food procurement manual and draft capacity building plan, training MOE and DOE staff on food procurement manual and supply chain or any others logistics capacity building related matters
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
The Associate will be responsible for the following duties:
- Develop material for and conduct training and capacity building activities for service providers.
- Ensure that all internal and external stakeholders that are involved in the CBT activities (WFP colleagues and CP) are provided with relevant tools that will support the roll-out, implementation, and monitoring of CBT activities in WFP operations.
- Support the HOSC in developing guidance materials aligned with corporate directives
- Data analysis and Reporting: Analyse data from various sources including performance management and sales data to identify gaps in operations and opportunities for improvement.
- Field visits: Conduct regular field visits to verify monitoring/sales data and plan interventions for improvement in close coordination with service providers.
- Support Field Staff in monitoring and data collection for identification and improvement of operational activities.
- In coordination with VAM and Programme conduct assessments and diagnosis as needed to understand the market and inefficiencies that impact the activities.
- Provide other support for other WFP programme areas, if required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Preferably University Degree. Minimum, secondary school with additional relevant training/diploma, and most relevant work experience.
- Experience: At least 5 years of relevant work experience out of which at least 3 must be in Logistics/Supply Chain
- Languages:Language: Fluency in oral and written Arabic and English required.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Has experiences in training and capacity building
- Planning and time management skills
- Good communication and coordination skills
- Has engaged in policy discussions and provided input into policy decisions.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Powerpoint). Knowledge of ERP systems, desirable.