Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Supply Chain Coordinator - Logistics.
Overall purpose of the role
The Supply Chain Coordinator - Logistics will be responsible for all warehousing, transportation of goods and people, vehicle fleet management and general logistics support to the programme:
- Localizing and adapting DRC policies within support area to local circumstances:
- Contribute to the development of country strategies.
- Contributes to the daily operation with comprehensive knowledge in logistics
- Lead the coordination with the programme staff to ensure logistics involvement in the whole programme cycle
- Ensure that all logistics specific DRC/donors’ rules and policies are understood and respected
- Responsible for assigned operational budgetary lines within programmes
- Provides Technical support
- Fleet: management of rental and owned vehicles, generators, speed boats & motorbikes (in line with DRC guidelines)
- Transport: management of all transportation of goods and people (via road, river, air) to-from areas of operations and-or other DRC offices
- Asset: registration, maintenance, repairs-maintenance & disposal of DRC assets accordingly to donors’ rule and policies (in line with DRC guidelines)
- Warehouse: manage the DRC warehouse and stores (in line with DRC guidelines)
- Premises: health and safety, contract management and repairs/maintenance at DRC premises
As Coordinator the post-holder is responsible for the following:
- Responsible for coordinating strategy and operations within a specific discipline in a region or country
- Usually has technical line responsibilities within a given discipline, for both strategy and operations
- Provides expert advice and support to set strategy and assure operational quality and compliance
- Coordinates the daily activities of small teams, often comprised of subordinates and/or employees carrying out similar tasks
- Does not have direct line management responsibility for staff, but may contribute to recruitment and/or performance appraisal of members of the team
- Implements the manager’s decisions through the work of subordinate employees, often playing a role in deciding how to do it; and how to achieve the objective set by the manager.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate each of DRC’s five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: you focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process
- Collaborating: you involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: you take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: you act in line with our vision and values
- Minimum 3-5 years of working experience in a similar position
- Field experience
- Working experience from an international humanitarian organization
- A good understanding of the logistics rules and regulations of major international donors
- Experience working in an (I)NGO
- Excellent skills in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Master's degree in e.g. Logistics and/or Supply Chain Management
- Certification in Humanitarian Logistics Supply Chain (desired if no academic degree)
- Driving license
Languages: Excellent communication skills in English is required.