Overall purpose of the role
Responsible for ensuring all procurement of goods and services, warehousing, transportation of goods and people, vehicle fleet management and general logistical support to the programme are in compliance with DRC operational guidelines.
Responsible for national staff capacity building and provision of technical support and guidance to field program teams and partners on issues relating to logistics, transport, warehousing / stock control, and the distribution of goods. Responsible for implementing DDX (ERP supply chain module) in DRC Yemen. Contribute to the development of country strategies.
Geographic scope: Country Yemen
This role has a country focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the country. The role contributes to the development of country strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and technical guidance to the country operation while overseeing country activities.
- Contributes to the daily operation with comprehensive knowledge in logistics and procurement
- Leads the coordination with the programme staff to ensure logistics & procurement involvement in the whole programme cycle.
- Ensures that all logistics and procurement specific DRC/donors’ rules and policies are understood and Respected.
- Responsible for assigned operational budgetary lines within programmes.
- Tracks, analyzes and reports on KPI’s to identify inefficiencies, areas of improvement, procedure and. policy performance; this will highlight overall performance and compliance oversight
- Manages the local sourcing, procurement and delivery of national services as appropriate in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Liaises closely liaise with relevant DRC technical operational departments to establish procurement plans, procurement pipelines to keep requestors informed and ascertain needs and technical requirements/specifications from those technical departments to enable delivery in time of requested goods and services
- Oversight of all purchase and service contracts to ensure DRC's interests are protected
- Optimize all logistics operations to increase cost effectiveness including setting up longer term supply contracts and FWAs
- Ensure DRC supplier due diligence is effective
- Fleet: management of rental and owned vehicles and generators (in line with DRC guidelines) Maintains efficient monthly, weekly & daily planning & movements follow-up tools.
- Management of all transportation of goods and people (via road, sea, air) to-from areas of operations and-or other DRC offices
- Registration, maintenance, repairs-maintenance & disposal of DRC assets accordingly to donors’ rule and policies in line with DRC guidelines.
- Supervises the management of the DRC warehouse and stores (in line with DRC guidelines)
- Ensures health and safety, contract management and repairs/maintenance at DRC premises.
As Coordinator, the post-holder is responsible for the following:
- Identify gaps in the skills and competencies of local country supply chain team members and establish and implement development plans
- Establish and maintain good contacts with suppliers, government offices, UN agencies and other NGOs with regards to logistical matters.
- Represent DRC with relevant logistics and communication networks, actively building relevant relationships (logistics cluster, etc.)
- Provides expert advice and support to set strategy and assure operational quality and compliance
- Contribute to Emergency Response planning and Contingency Planning efforts for logistics and procurement needs and execution.
Reports to: Head of Support Services
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in a similar position
- Experience of field emergencies.
- Working experience from an international non-governmental international humanitarian organisation
- A strong understanding of the procurement rules and regulations of major international donors
- Excellent skills in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience of ERP systems
- Full professional proficiency in English, Arabic desirable.
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
- Master's degree in e.g. Logistics and/or Supply Chain Management
- Certification in Humanitarian Logistics Supply Chain (desired if no academic degree)
- Driving license
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development