Supply Chain Coordinator
Danish Refugee Council, Sudan
Closing Date for Applications:
- Contributes to the daily field office operation with comprehensive knowledge in logistics and procurement
- Assist Supply chain manager in coordination with the programme staff to ensure logistics & procurement involvement in the whole programme cycle
- Ensures that all logistics and procurement specific DRC/donors’ rules and policies are understood and respected
- Tracks, analyzes and reports on KPI’s to identify inefficiencies, areas of improvement, procedure and policy performance; this will highlight overall performance and compliance oversight.
- Assist Supply chain Manager for local sourcing, procurement and delivery of national services as appropriate in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Liaises closely liaise with relevant DRC technical operational departments to establish procurement plans, procurement pipelines to keep requestors informed and ascertain needs and technical requirements/specifications from those technical departments to enable delivery in time of requested goods and services
- Assist Supply Chain Manager in all purchase and service contracts to ensure DRC's interests are protected
- Assist supply chain Manager to optimize all logistics operations to increase cost effectiveness including setting up longer term supply contracts and FWAs
- Ensure DRC supplier due diligence is effective
- Fleet: Field office management of rental and owned vehicles and generators (in line with DRC guidelines) Maintains efficient monthly, weekly & daily planning & movements follow-up tools.
- Management of all transportation of goods and people (via road, sea, air) to-from areas of operations and-or other DRC offices
- Registration, maintenance, repairs-maintenance & disposal of DRC assets accordingly to donors’ rule and policies in line with DRC guidelines.
- Supervises the field office management of the DRC warehouse and stores (in line with DRC guidelines)
- Ensures health and safety, contract management and repairs/maintenance at DRC premises.
As Coordinator the post-holder is responsible for the following:
- Assist Supply chain manager to identify gaps in the skills and competencies of field office supply chain team members and establish and implement development plans
- Establish and maintain good contacts with suppliers, government offices, UN agencies and other NGOs with regards to logistical matters.
- Represent DRC with relevant logistics and communication networks, actively building relevant relationships (logistics cluster, etc.)
- Provides expert advice and support to set strategy and assure operational quality and compliance
- Contribute to Emergency Response planning and Contingency Planning efforts for logistics and procurement needs and execution.