Supply Chain Management Specialist II, East Asia Region
World Vision International(WVI), Position location to be determined by home country of successful candidate where World Vision is registered. Candidates should be based in Asia or willing to work on Asian Time Zones, Malaysia
Closing Date for Applications:
- Influence the creation and development of a new or enhanced supply chain management organization at the National Office.
- Manage Project team in the NO which include NO Staff dedicated to the project and drive the project team to deliver on the agreed work plan.
- Lead the design of detailed supply chain management process flows and roles & responsibilities for each supply chain process step. Set overall direction for National Office SCM process team; advise on team functions and performance.
- Drive sourcing and procurement process improvements through elimination of variation and waste, focusing on continuous process improvement.
- Lead and manage significant standardization and categorization of WV supplies and commodity-specific projects towards achieving strategic buying within each of the country programs and looking for ways to collaborate at regional and global levels.
- Implement key performance metrics process to be reported throughout the NO. Create and prioritize areas to be improved upon to drive National Office supply chain management into world-class performance.
- Liaise with National Office Directors and Senior Management Teams to accept the project and drive the implementation as well as manage change.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- University degree in business, science, engineering, technology or supply chain management or equivalent experience and professional qualification in supply chain management.
- Minimum eight (5) years professional work experience with progressively more responsibility relevant to supply chain issues.
- Specialised in the area of Strategic Sourcing and Commodity Management.
- Extended operational experience in global supply chain management, business process improvement, project management and team based organizational change management.
- Multi-language fluency is a plus.
- Familiar with East Asia culture.
Demonstrated SCM technical skills required:
- Current knowledge of the developments and technology in the supply chain management field, preferably in various global industries.
- Experience with sourcing, material planning & forecasting, procurement, vendor management, contract negotiations and administration.
- Experience overseeing daily internal/external warehouse and transport operations, inventory management and logistics support. Familiarity with basics of fleet management, customs clearance and third party logistics preferred.
- Comprehension of supply chain performance measures in finance, operations and customer performance. Balanced scorecard experience preferred.
- Experience in business and program analysis and possessing good analytical and negotiating skills.
- Experience in Project Management.
- Proven ability to conceptualize, plan and execute ideas as well as transfer knowledge and skills.
- Ability to clearly and concisely express ideas and concepts in written and oral form.
- Vocational or professional society membership (Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport or Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals) and certification desired.