About the role
Who we are:
Crown Agents works with leaders to accelerate self-sufficiency and prosperity. We offer supply chain, fund management, programme design, delivery and evaluation, training, institutional efficiency and revenue generation expertise. We do this across health, humanitarian, stabilisation, governance and public administration, prosperity and renewable energy. We are a registered social enterprise, 100% owned by the Crown Agents Foundation.
The programme impact will be an improved health and nutrition status for the population that saves lives and reduces morbidity (including maternal, infant and under-5 mortality), and has the following three principal outcomes:
- Improved health and nutrition services for the population, especially women and children;
- Improved community engagement and accountability of health services;
- Stabilisation of local health systems.
To attain these outcomes, the Project team is responsible for:
- Effective programme management, including robust risk management;
- Ensuring continuity of and support to service delivery, with a focus on improving quality;
- Specialist technical assistance covering health service delivery, community engagement, nutrition, health planning, information and HRH.
- Procurement and supply chain management of essential medical commodities
- Management of the Implementing Partner fund
- Management of fiduciary risk associated with use of donor funds;
Client Relationship Management:
- Establishes close collaboration with the programme team, in order to ensure the supply chain team’s involvement in programme planning, forecasting, monitoring, evaluating and continuous improvement.
- Collaborates and provides support to the Central Medical Stores (CMS) and the other programme stakeholders, e.g. the Technical Working Groups and Central Health Departments (CHD).
- Advises project donor on procurement issues, lead times and any other related aspects to ensure effective continuity in the supply chain, from international procurement to local warehousing and distribution.
- Provides technical and advisory support to MOH, Partners, etc on various supply chain management issues.
- Identifies and promotes value-added services to the wider programme, MOH and Partners.
- Demonstrates technical and commercial capability to achieve Value for Money through the timely delivery of the pharmaceuticals and medical supplies to the designated Health Facilities as per expected programme deliverables within the applicable budget.
- As member of the Senior Management Team, provides monthly progress updates, quarterly and end-of-assignment narrative technical and financial reports to the team if and as required.
- Travels to medical warehouses and Partners when needed and assists with the assessment and recovery of the supplies.
- Ensures appropriate planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the supply chain operations. Oversees and reviews the preparation of the required supply chain documentation.
- Works closely with the Supply Chain Programme Manager on the supply chain operations strategies.
- Works closely with the National Supply Chain Management Specialist to support the efficiency of the last-mile operations.
- Assists the Warehouse Manager in managing the supply chain risk register in alignment with CA Home Office.
- Monitors the operations plans and ensures that any change is communicated appropriately, understood and accepted in a timely manner by the relevant stakeholders.
- Signs-off the local contracts that are not directly handled by CA Home Office. Pre-approves the strategy and budget of any other contracts managed by CA Home Office prior to submitting a request for final approval centrally.
- Undertakes any other reasonable duties that may be required subject to mutual agreements with the various programme stakeholders as relevant.
- Hands-on supply chain management experience, preferably in Africa (South Sudan desired).
- Strong understanding of pharmaceutical supply chain operations management, including inventory and demand management, freight, distribution and warehousing, last-mile, internal stakeholder management and client relationship management
- Excellent team manager, resilient, embracing the programme core values resourcefully, promoting operational excellence and providing support to the team as needed
- Strong communication with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Direct working experience with Governmental Officials (desired)
- Team player
Reporting and communication:
- This position reports to the Head of Operations and functionally to the Home Office Supply Chain Programme Manager as relevant.