Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with c15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We're changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Contract length: 9 months
Type of contract : International
Location : Goma, DRC
The role :
- Support the delivery of international programming in line with Save the Children's mandate, strategy and theory of change.
- Develop and implement SCI's supply chain tools to ensure that Goma and field offices have appropriate and scalable supply chain systems to support both emergency responses and on-going development programmes.
- Provide technical support and guidance to Goma and field offices on the development of supply chain plans, including demand analyses, market assessments, and planning country and field level contracts, warehouses and infrastructure.
- Support the implementation of transparent and accountable systems related to supply chain, including procurement planning, procurement and shipping, warehousing and distribution across country programmes, through capacity building and ad-hoc advice.
- Ensure supply chain systems integrate with programs and support management functions at a country level.
- Ensure supply chain systems integrate with Health and Programmes to ensure that average monthly consumption (consummation, or CMM) figures are accurate and appropriate; and that relevant orders are placed in good time and that beneficiaryneeds are accurately represented in the supply chain monitoring system.
- Co-ordinate the compilation and understanding of all medical and non-medical demand data.
- Provide detailed and accurate costing of supplies to assist with the compilation of programme budgets.
- Oversee international and regional procurement for country programmes in line with SCI procurement procedures and donor policies, in particular managing the procurement team to meet the needs of all field offices in an efficient and effective manner.
- Oversee the implementation of the country contracting strategy and the establishment/updating of subsequent country framework agreements for key items through market research and analysis, consultation with technical working groups and running tenders, to deliver a supply base that is reliable, responsive and able to increase capacity in emergency contexts. Also ensure that contracts and suppliers are managed professionally and proactively.
- Oversee the management of storage,warehousing and storage spaces including medical supplies systems
- Oversee the security and uninterrupted flow of stocks including medical supplies
- Manage the transportation and delivery of programme supplies between field offices (by road, air and river)
- Monitor the team's performance to ensure that country offices receive goods of high quality in a timely and cost effective manner, and are kept up to date of order status.
- Undertake regular field travel and work with minimum supervision under difficult conditions in varying locations to support country supply chain development.
Qualifications and experience
- Masters in Logistics, Supply Chain Management or similar level qualification or experience
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS) or equivalent
- Extensive experience in successful development and implementation of a logistics and supply chain strategy and infrastructure for a global operation.
- Ability to develop contracting strategy. Strong understanding on Framework agreements and contracting!
- Demonstrable experience in international sourcing and contract management, including an ability to review demands and trends, and to develop strategies to fill identified gaps.
- Experience streamlining and automating procurement processes, includingrefining processes, developing user-friendly manuals and training programs, andassessing, selecting, and deploying suitable procurement software whereapplicable and necessary.
- Field level experience in managing complex supply chains for INGOs in international development and emergency programmes.
- Deep understanding and interpretation of Incoterms as well as their application in the context of overseas procurement in DRC.
- Knowledge of key institutional donors and their compliance requirements in respect of logistics and procurement.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Solid project management skills related to organisational development projects.
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in.
- Solid programmatic, organizational, planning, technical and IT skills (includingdatabases), with a proven ability to work under pressure and solve problems in afast paced environment;
- Dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieveresults in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- At least four (4) years International experience in working in post conflict environment in similar role
- Fluent French essential
- Commitment to Save the Children Child Safeguarding policy
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children aims, values and principles
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Please apply in English or French using your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.