World Vision International is a Christian and Humanitarian Organization, which is operating in about 100 countries in the world. The organization is looking for dedicated professional Christians to fill the below vacant positions. World Vision Malawi (WVM) is committed to demonstrate professional, moral and spiritual responsibility, to pursue excellence in its operations and to be good stewards and to conduct the functions of World Vision in an ethical manner. As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
World Vision International Malawi is currently looking for a dedicated professional Christians to fill the vacant position of Supply Chain Officers (2), Based at National Office and Central Zone Office in Lilongwe Malawi. If you are passionate about child wellbeing and you are considering a career with a calling, we would love to talk to you.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: The purpose of the position is to carry out the procurement activities efficiently and effectively so as to get best value for money from all procurements.
- Support in preparation and submission of procurement plans
- Reviewing, consolidating and submitting all requisitions for planned procurements for Programs and Departments before the beginning of FY for strategic sourcing
- Carrying out bidding process for procurements within the approved threshold
- Invitation of tender committee
- Provide necessary information and documents for evaluation processes
- Seek necessary waivers where need be
- Negotiating with suppliers and service providers for discounts/better prices
- Carry out block-party screening process on all suppliers at procurement stage
- Provide assessment report on supplier performance
- Draft contracts for review
- Following up and obtaining signature
- Communicating to the contract awardees
- Monitor the performance on the contracts
- Initiate payment process for delivered goods, services and works
- Communicate with suppliers and service providers for any outstanding issues
- Monitoring of supply chain management activities and submitting their reports
- Filing of Procurement documents
- To collaborate with all supply chain management stakeholders
- Meetings with stakeholders on procurement activities
- Training supply chain management stakeholders in procurement
- Support the organization of supplier symposiums
- Keeping abreast with developments in supply chain management
- Implement innovations to improve supply chain management processes
Minimum Qualifications and experience
- Professionals holding a Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management.
- Computer skills – excel, word, power-point, access
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in supply chain management function in a very busy NGOs that uses multiple donor procurement guidelines
Required knowledge, Skill and competencies:
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time.
- High level of integrity
- Excellent Communication, negotiation and Interpersonal skills
- Membership with Malawi Institute of Purchasing and Supply
- Membership with Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply