Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified individual to fill-in the vacancy of Supply Chain Officer – Procurement to work in Damascus under employment contract
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
DRC has been actively operating in Syria since 2008 mainly supporting refugees. In June 2012, DRC was authorized by the Syrian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA) to expand its humanitarian efforts and provide assistance to IDPs and the vulnerable resident population countrywide. Since then, DRC activities have been focused on NFI distributions, Shelter, WASH, Protection, Education, Livelihoods and Mine Risk Education in six Governorates (Damascus, Rural Damascus, Dara'a, Aleppo, Hama, and Homs). While Protection/community service activities are provided to beneficiaries throughout our six Community Centers.
About the job
The Supply Chain - Procurement officer is responsible for procurement of programme needs; This includes assistance in providing technical support and estimations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Procure all materials and equipment ordered by the projects in a cost-effective and transparent manner in line with DRC and donor specific policies, in collaboration with the Supply Chain Procurement Team Leader.
- Liaise with suppliers to create realistic delivery schedules and compare actual deliveries in order to evaluate supplier performance and responsiveness.
- Ensure that all order requests, purchase orders, RFQ and ITBs are tracked from point of planning and request through to final receipt. Regularly review, update and share the databases and trackers to the logistics and procurement manager.
- Prepare the RFQ and ITB relevant documents, as well as TOC (tender) reports for tender committee review.
- Participate in evaluation of bids and proposals and make sure the bids evaluation report, technical evaluation, minutes of negotiations and negotiated contract in selection of consultants contain all the facts and information required to justify the recommendations made in the report.
- Preparation of contracts and amendments of contracts when needed.
- Participate in the joint verification of procured goods and equipment and to ascertain the items conformity to Technical Specifications and Quantities.
- Maintain a database/ERP data for all procurement activities for a project and/or region.
- Provide procurement planning support to the programme staff as required.
- Provide data to monitor and evaluate the overall procurement performance in support of the programs.
- Constantly search the market for new suppliers that may provide better service or value for money for DRC.
- Initiate strategic sourcing for frequently purchased items to ensure framework agreements with the suppliers and service providers are in place;
- Ensure procurement files are accurate and records are in compliance to DRC and donor procurement policies, filing system is properly established, all soft copies and hard copies of procurement files are accessible and manageable by auditors;
- Knowledge Transfer for procurement assistant(s), provide support and training, promote friendly and professional working environment, ensure staff development and learning environment; ensure staff performance appraisals are reviewed regularly and conducted as per DRC HR policies and procedures;
- Prepare and submit payments of suppliers to finance on a timely manner;
- Screen the suppliers in anti-terrorism databases;
- Ensure the non-winning suppliers receive notification from DRC about the status of their bids;
- Accomplish and maintain all Procurement Data on ERP System.
To be successful in this role we expect you to have:
- University degree
- Minimum three years’ work experience two of which in applying standard procurement procedures.
- Advanced Microsoft office skills
- Very good command of both Arabic and English languages.