Supply Chain Officer
Danish Refugee Council, Bekaa, Lebanon
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
About the job
This position is responsible for all aspects of procurement and contract management within the Bekaa office. This requires a highly motivated and detail oriented individual who will be able to resolve critical operational challenges as they arise and propose solutions to ongoing issues. S/he will be responsible for all procurement of goods and services, transportation of goods and people, purchase agreements and service contracts, premises and all related aspects. Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Oversee procurement of all materials and equipment ordered by the projects in a cost-effective and transparent manner in line with DRC procedures and donor-specific policies.
- Oversee the development of vendor lists and supplier registration and conduct regular evaluation of existing suppliers and contractors.
- Participate in evaluation of bids and proposals and make sure the bids evaluation report, technical evaluation, minutes of negotiations, and negotiated contract in selection of consultants contain all the facts and information required to justify the recommendations made in the report.
- Participate in the joint verification of procured goods and equipment and to ascertain the items conformity to technical specifications and quantities.
- Correctly apply ERP supply chain processes.
- Ensure contract files for all procurement contain at least the minimum documentation required and archived on share point as per the Operations Handbook regulations and ensure DRC supplier due diligence is effective in the relevant context
- Assist with negotiation and dispute resolution with suppliers and landlords as required and assist & support the Support Service Manager with review of procurement plans and setting up Framework Agreements for standard items.
- Responsible for managing the accurate updating of the procurement table and distributing and updated version to the Support Service Manager on a weekly basis.
- Review procurement plans with Support service manager and assist with setting up Purchase Agreements for standard items.
- Maintain a tracking sheet of all Purchase Agreements and report upcoming expiry dates to the line Manager prior to the expiry date.
To be successful in this role we expect you to have a degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management or any related field.. Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Minimum of 2 years’ Experience in INGO supply chain management, contract management, and/or Purchase order/Admin contract support.
- Experience with standard procurement procedures and documentation.
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills.
- Good IT skills