Supply Chain System Analyst
World Food Programme, Nairobi, Kenya
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
Regional Bureau Nairobi (RBN) and Service Model (SCOB-SM) team agreed to develop a joint initiative, named Corridor Management (CM), aimed at developing an innovative solution for the management of RBN Supply Chain corridors. The solution will enable Supply Chain (SC) Services to be operated within the context Service Model approach.
The position will be based under the Logistics Unit in the Nairobi Regional Bureau. The Service Management Tools Specialist will work in close collaboration and coordination with the OSCB Service Unit team based in Rome and Nairobi, the business experts and involved stakeholders under the guidance, supervision and reporting lines of the Corridor Management Solution Stream Leader.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES ( CONTINUE)
What you will do:
- Assist in determination of business requirements for harmonized / integrated business models.
- Facilitate alignment with corporate processes by contributing to the realization of training and informative materials on service model support tools.
- Escalate to the supervisor for consideration and resolution any critical developments.
- Support and provide input on the service unit team's strategy, projects and results in internal and external fora.
- Contribute the development of concept papers, business requirements documents, Proofs of Concept and other material required for the corridor's activities improvement and expansion and for other ongoing initiatives.
- Perform any other duties requested by the Senior Logistics Officer.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- University degree in Information Technologies, Economics, Business Administration, Statistics, Information Management or a related discipline; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum two years of professional experience with first-hand experience in supply chain operations, data analysis, operations planning and monitoring, including coordination with internal and external stakeholders; an in-depth knowledge of contemporary IT solutions and infrastructures.
- Experience in shaping and implementing operational supply chain strategies in a country is a plus.
- Fluency in both oral and written English. Intermediate knowledge of French would be an advantage
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Proved knowledge of SQL, Palantir, MS Access database, MS Excel and VBA.
- Sound knowledge in information and data management.
- Knowledge of Service costing principles and methodologies.
- Excellent written and analytical skills.
- Good research and learning capacity.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure as part of a team.
- Good communication skills.