If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Position
Under the general supervision of the Supply and Procurement Officer, prepares requests for proposals and purchase orders for all kinds of goods and services, obtains quotations from local vendors, monitors status of financing and maintains financial records of purchase allotment accounts: for purchasing standard office supplies, furniture and equipment, in relation to the Syrian Emergency Response Operations.
Key Accountabilities and Duties & Tasks
- Reviews procurement requisitions in VISION for clarity, adequacy of specifications, enter necessary coding, request additional information as necessary. Prepares draft POs, invoices, etc. Draft routine documentation for information or action for internal parties, Supply Division, suppliers, customs and counterpart
- Undertakes market research, complies lists of local sources of procurement, contacts local vendors for price quotations, prepares summary of bids including information on price and conditions of offer. For more costly procurements required under the procurement procedures, drafts bid invitations and/or requests for price quotations; drafts related correspondence.
- For more costly procurements required under the procurement procedures, drafts bid invitations and/or requests for price quotations; draft related correspondence.
- Coordinates meetings of the committees, by arranging for suitable dates and rooms, and by preparing and distributing files containing the cases to be presented.
- Once decision on supplier is taken, compiles purchase order documents for supervisor'ssignature; ensures distributions of signed purchase document to all required offices and ensures obligation of funds is recorded. Provides procedural training and assigns clerical work to secretary.
- Searches office files and records related to a variety of topics for information and records in specified format for use by others in others in preparing reports.
- Performs other duties as required.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
Education: Completion of secondary education. Training inSupply and Procurementfield is desirable.
Work Experience: Fiveyears of progressively responsible clerical or administrative work, with specialized experience in purchasing a variety of materials and services.
Language Proficiency: Fluency in English and Turkish.
- Experience working in an international organization is considered an asset
- Advanced IT skills and experience in working with Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Resource Management system
- Experience with SAP is considered an asset
- Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Working with People
- Drive for Results
- Planning and Organizing
- Following Instructions and Procedures
- Applying Technical Expertise