Norwegian Refugee Council, Kabul, Afghanistan
Closing Date for Applications:
Purpose of the Job:
The purpose of the support manager position is to provide sufficient support to relevant supports functions at area level and sub-offices. He/she will be leading and supporting support units to make sure that staff comply with NRC and donor guidelines.
The Manager will lead all support related matters in NRC Central Area Office and Khost and provide high quality and efficient support for programme implementation.
Duties and responsibilities
- Line management of support staff including Finance, HR & Admin, and Logistics.
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and handbooks and donor/auditor requirements.
- Facilitate the Area Office support functions’ strategic input to the development of the Country Strategy and Plan of Action.
- Provide input on operational support in proposal development, and coordinate and align operational support with programme plans.
- Responsible for ensuring quality support to project implementation.
- Responsible for the strategic development of Area level structures, technical systems, human resource capacity and allocation.
- Responsible for development of new area specific technical SOPs, guidelines and tools.
- Responsible for organisational learning related to programme support.
- Responsible for technical capacity building of support staff.
- Development of holistic and needs based programmes, including cash-based interventions and marked based programmes.
- Responsible for corruption mapping and mitigation practices and procedures in the programme.
- Ensure adequate and fit-for-purpose support strategy rooted in staff capacity development.
- Ensure that all rules, regulations, routines, procedures, SOPs are accessible to and known by all staff.
- Monitor compliance in the implementation of and adherence to NRC policies, guidance, handbooks and donor/auditor requirements, including with spot checks, field visits and in depth reviews.
- In collaboration with programme and support staff, develop a standard filing and referencing system at Area level which ensures that complete documentation exists for all transactions.
- Coordinate and align operational support with program plans at Area level, ensuring procurement plans, HR plans and spending plans for each project are in place.
- Assess and monitor costs and resource allocation needs at Area level.
- Support to programme and finance teams to prepare for audits.
- Organize weekly meetings with the Area support team.
- Provide trainings and technical support to the support functions in Area office and field offices.
- Prepare and submit timely reports and information to the area manager in a regular basis.
- Facilitate the Master Support Budget, area level budgets and BPO development, including assess and monitor costs and resource allocation needs.
- Ensure the inclusion of cash-based interventions and marked based programmes in country and area-based strategies and their implementation across and within NRC’s core competencies.
- Provide an enabling environment for the implementation of cash-based interventions, including multi-purpose cash assistance, emergency cash responses.
- Support Emergency Coordinator. Or PM to Prioritize the emergency activities in different region such as field assessments, distribution, responses, PDM, risk monitoring, HR, Finance or Logistics and coordination.
- University Degree, in management & administration is preferable.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a senior management position in a humanitarian/ recovery context.
- Experience working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Allocation of resources and costs expertise .
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge of own leadership skills/profile.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of cash-based interventions and market based programmes.
- Experience in emergency interventions.
- Knowledge of the Afghanistan or regional context.
- Experience in implementation of humanitarian projects/programmes.
- Solid knowledge of HR, finance and logistics routines in a humanitarian context .
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to process large amounts of liquid data.
- Managing resources to optimize results.
- Managing performance and development.
- Handling insecure environments.
- Empowering and building trust.
- Strategic thinking.