WHO ARE WE?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home. The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced. All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
ABOUT THE JOB
Provides administrative and/or technical logistics and procurement support.
Procurement & Logistics
- Ensure that all orders are tracked from point of planning and request through to final receipt.
- Prepare the relevant documents for the procurement of goods and services
- Participate in evaluation of bids and proposals and make sure the bids evaluation report, technical evaluation, minutes of negotiations and negotiated contract in selection of consultants contain all the facts and information required to justify the recommendations made in the report.
- Participate in the joint verification of procured goods and equipment and to ascertain the items conformity to Technical Specifications and Quantities.
- Check that all assets old and new are properly recorded and tagged.
- Perform the physical asset check
- Overseeing deliveries to and dispatches from DRC warehouses and effecting the necessary documentation.
- Maintaining good communications with warehouse staff in other DRC locations and partner organizations
- Correctly apply ERP supply chain processes.
- Ensure that leave, recruitment and training trackers are updated on a regular basis.
- Monitor staff attendance and ensure that all staff timesheets are submitted and filed on time.
- Ensure clearance and debriefing is carried out for exiting staff.
- Prepare/Disseminate staff daily attendance sheet and collect back the attendance sheets on timely basis.
- Ensure that all office systems and equipment (power, water, telephone, photocopier, fax, etc.) are in good working order.
- Payment of office and guest house bills.
- Responsible for office supplies.
- Responsible for necessary repairs & maintenance in a timely manner in coordination with the Logistics staff.
- Organize and schedule meetings, provide refreshments and other required tools for meetings.
- Provide accommodation for guests and staff from other area.
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, diary and forms when required and checking all complain boxes monthly base.
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning, translating, pouching etc.
- Ensure repairs and maintenance of facilities in compliance with DRC standards and procedures.
To be successful in this role you must have:
Experience and technical competencies:
- Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience.
- Experience in administrative tasks, including filing systems.
- Excellent IT skills, including experience in operating an ERP supply chain system
- Experience in supply chain management including procurement, transport and distribution, warehouse and stock management
- Experience with standard procurement procedures and documentation.
- Experience with auto mechanics or electrical installations
- Diploma or equivalent professional qualification
- Advanced English proficiency
- Fluency in local language (Dari)
- Fluency in other languages (Pashto, Turkmen, Uzbek) an asset