For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 35 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM has been working in Lebanon for nearly 30 years and specifically on the response to the Syrian crisis since 2012. The goal of MdM in Lebanon is to offer care to Syrian refugees and vulnerable Lebanese affected by the Syrian crisis, the economic situation in the country and the recent blast of 4 August 2020.
MdM’s MHPSS intervention in Lebanon aims to strengthen the national mental health system and increase access to quality mental healthcare. MdM is working in the integration of mental health in the primary healthcare system and contributing to the development of community-based mental healthcare services, opening and running community mental health centers (CMHCs), in coordination with partners for the substance use, gender and inclusion components.
MdM’s activities are implemented in Beirut – Mount Lebanon (BML), Bekaa Valley and Tripoli.
To implement and monitor the activities, the mission in Lebanon has been set up with a team of about 40 people managed by a general coordinator and a coordination team.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
You work under the direct supervision of the general coordinator for Lebanon.
You are part of the country management team and you are responsible for the management of the support services of MdM in Lebanon that comprise: 1 logistics manager, 1 finance manager and 1 HR officer.
Your main responsibilities are:
Supervision and coordination of support services
- Ensure the line-management of the 3 support services (Finance, HR, Logistics), supervise their objectives and priorities and support them to deal with critical issues
- Ensure that other coordinators and staff are cost aware and ensure efficient use of resources
- Ensure an effective and regular coordination of the 3 support services, leading support coordination meeting
- Brief and build the capacities of your colleagues from other departments of the mission
- Be the mission’s focal point for all legal aspects related to MdM operations in Lebanon
- Upon the general coordinator’s specific request, ensure punctual gap filling of positions in your department during critical periods (leaves, HR gap, etc.)
- Supervise the delivery of regular on-the-job training to support services staff members, in order to strengthen the capacities of the staff
- Oversee the monthly update of the BFF by the finance manager, review and update the forecast with the program teams and be responsible for the completeness of the BFF
- Supervise the drafting of the new program budgets and ensure coordination among the support and program departments in obtaining all the required data (BoQs, beneficiary numbers, etc.)
- Supervise the drafting of the annual MdM procurement plan as well as the by-annual AFD procurement Plan
- Supervise the annual accounting closure and the semi-annual accounting closure
- Supervise the triannual MdM budget drafting for the Lebanon mission.
- Monitor the cash flow, ensure timely submission of the monthly cash needs and assess and mitigate any cash risks
Internal control and compliance
- Ensure regularly that partners are compliant with donor requirements
- Be in charge of the proper document filing (soft and hard copies) of the mission and ensure mission archives are regularly and properly sent to HQ
- Be responsible to coordinate the preparation of all audits and evaluations, as well as capitalize all provided recommendations and ensure their implementations
- Act as focal point for the AFD consortium partners on proper procedure drafting and compliance as well as on procurement and financial reporting, in close collaboration with the consortium manager
- Assess the needs and support your team in building the capacity of the partners on consortium procedures implementation
- Oranize and lead meetings between MdM’s and partners’ technical coordinators, in collaboration with the consortium manager
- Evaluate contractual arrangements and legal commitments/risks for appropriate action
- Foster a positive work environment, respectful of both men and women, and ensure that the highest standards of conduct are observed. Make sure all staff and stakeholders are aware and refreshed about MdM code of conduct, PSEA policy, safeguarding policy, etc.