The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced. All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
About the job :
Under the direct supervision of the Area Manager, and in close coordination with DRC’s Regional Office, the Support Service Manager provides coordinated and strategic leadership for all support functions, in particular for the timely and effective procurement & logistical support required for the implementation of DRC programmes in the Tripoli Are. He/She also ensures the smooth running of all support functions to meet the programme needs in line with the DRC Operations Handbook.
Geographic scope: Tripoli Area (DRC Libya Mission)
This role has a country focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the country. The role contributes to the development of country strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to country operations while overseeing country activities
Planning and strategy:
- Ensure that annual planning for support services is done and regular targets are met.
- Ensure that project planning includes relevant support service requirements (such as lead times and appropriate budgets).
- Ensure that resource mobilisation is realistic and meets the needs of support functions, by using the operations budget to input to donor proposals.
- Ensure that support services are fit for purpose to meet programme needs.
- As per Country HoSS request Be the area focal point for the compliance self-check, risk register, internal audit and results contract.
Administration support :
- Be the focal point for key administrative tasks;
- Oversee and ensure that the follow up on routine tasks are carried out (guesthouse supplies, visa applications, phone credit purchase, utilities bill payments, rental and lease agreements);
- Coordinates the daily activities of the supply chain assistant and ensure an adequate coordination of drivers & movements;
- Contribute to recruitment, training, capacity building and/or performance appraisal of members of the supply team;
- Assist all staff in understanding procurement procedures and formats and develop Logistics & Procurement induction;
- Ensure that all logistics specific donor rules and policies are understood and respected by staff members;
- Ensure that all relevant logistics/administrative documents are filed and archived properly.
- Oversee the IT function in the Tripoli office and guesthouse, ensuring availability of internet, setting up laptops, printers, and any other IT equipment, liaising with IT suppliers when needed in terms of repairs and updates of the equipment.
- Logistics and procurement support: design and implement a sustainable and robust procurement and logistics system for the efficient and effective support to all DRC programs:
- Ensure that all the procurement processes are in line with DRC Operations Handbook and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with donor requirements, rules and regulations.
- Assist in preparation and follow up of procurement and logistics plans, and requests for current grants.
- Ensure procurement of all goods and services. Track all orders, purchases and deliveries.
- Keep proper procurement and logistics records according to DRC guidelines.
- Oversight of all purchase and service contracts to ensure DRC's interests are protected.
- Optimize all logistics operations to increase cost effectiveness including setting up longer term supply contracts.
- Develop framework agreements with suppliers. Ensure DRC supplier due diligence is effective in the relevant context.
- Oversee the development of vendor lists and supplier registration process.
- Ensure that all suppliers and service providers conform with the Code of Ethics.
- Correctly apply ERP supply chain processes.
- Prepare and submit monthly logistics and procurement report to supervisor, CO management.
Warehouse management / inventory :
- Assist in the design and planning of storage solutions at field locations, including warehouses.
- Warehouse management, including reporting and alert mechanism to program staff.
- Oversee the tracking and recording of all DRC assets and inventory according to DRC policy and guidelines.
- Maintaining and managing the assets list.
Fleet management :
- Oversee the proper usage of daily and weekly car movement tracking sheets and accompanying procedures for vehicle requests.
- Ensure the training of all DRC drivers on safe driving techniques and introduce accountability for the cost of bad driving (speeding tickets, car damages, fuel consumption, etc.).
- Coordinates the daily activities of the drivers’ movements.
- Implement daily, weekly, and monthly checklists for vehicles and fuel usage.
- Coordinate with the Saharawi Ministry of Cooperation for car rentals.
- Streamline HR responses across departments (e.g., support on organogram development);
- Ensure the HR team fulfils daily tasks, such as recruitment, contract renewal/ amendments, timesheet submission and leave tracking;
- Ensure that quarterly tasks are completed on time (such as staff induction, Code of Conduct training and leave planning);
- Ensure that annual HR tasks are completed as per the Operations Handbook (e.g., Performance & Development Reviews).
- Secondary budget holder for all support service lines;
- Responsible for budget monitoring and forecasting for support service budgets;
- Work with senior managers to budget monitor all grants
As Manager the post-holder is responsible for the following:
- Accountable for achieving DRC’s strategic goals and objectives within the area of responsibility.
- Accountable for making significant decisions on what the unit does: its purpose, functions and role, and for making commitments and decisions that require the expenditure of significant unit resources.
- Accountable for people management of direct reports (this includes hiring & firing, objective setting, probation, performance appraisal, development of staff, managing performance, including poor performance, etc.).
- Accountable for making sound decisions based on DRC policies, MOPs, standards, and the advice of technical experts in DRC.
About you :
- At least 5 years' experience in similar role with an NGO / IO or the private sector.
- At least 3 years' experience with people management.
- Knowledge of project cycle management.
- Experience in supply chain management and procurement processes.
- Knowledge of budget cycle and monitoring processes.
- Knowledge of code of conduct principles and the HR systems for performance management.
- Knowledge of key donor policy and compliance procedures.
- Good communication skills and team spirit.
- Good knowledge of IT functions.
- Working experience with UNHCR, ECHO, EU donor guidelines is an advantage.
- Proficiency in spoken and written Arabic & English.
- Driving license is an advantage.