Surveillance and M&E Specialist
Fhi360, New Delhi, India
Closing Date for Applications:
The Surveillance and M&E Specialist will support the implementation of surveillance systems strengthening activities for an anticipated CDC India: Accelerating Sustainability of Public Health Systems in India to Prevent, Detect, and Respond to Infectious Disease Outbreaks and Other Public Health Emergencies that will improve prevention of avoidable epidemics including naturally occurring outbreaks and intentional or accidental releases of dangerous pathogens, to improve ability to rapidly detect threats early, including detecting, characterizing, and to report emerging biological threats by responding rapidly and effectively to public health threats of international concern. This position will also be responsible for the oversight of activities to strengthen the capacity and network of human and animal health surveillance and monitoring systems to detect and report emerging biological threats and generate data to enhance the rapid and effective response to public health threats
Please note that the position is contingent upon successful award of the project and the selection of the final applicant is subject to donor approval. This position is based out of New Delhi, India.
Specific responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Provide technical leadership in designing, planning, monitoring, data analysis, report preparation and dissemination of project surveillance data in collaboration with the relevant key stakeholders as per the national, regional and global standards and requirements.
- Provide technical assistance to laboratories and surveillance sites (human and animal health) to collect, analyze and report quality surveillance data from laboratory Information systems, MOH Health Management Information System (HMIS) and other data repositories or databases.
- Provide technical leadership in the mapping of data to determine trends, generate visualization tools/dashboards to enhance decision making to mitigate infectious disease threats.
- Provide technical inputs to the design, implementation (field work), data collection, reporting, and analysis of active and passive sampling protocols for priority infectious diseases.
- Provide technical assistance, supportive supervision, and mentoring to relevant project and MOH staff to develop, evaluate and/or update surveillance systems, epidemiologic and surveillance methods.
- Provide technical assistance for the integration and optimization of national and sub-national reporting systems for GHS priority pathogens and those of importance in India.
- Assist in the triangulation of laboratory data with other surveillance data from existing national repositories/databases to improve the surveillance network systems.
- Master’s degree in Public Health, epidemiology or other relevant subjects and at least 8 years’ experience in managing and conducting epidemiological and/or surveillance in public health
- Experience in designing tools/methods/dashboards for data visualization
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation, data analysis and use in public health
- Strong negotiation, coordination, communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English (spoken, written)
- Knowledge and experience of global health security surveillance and other relevant health programs
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the ethical issues surrounding research and surveillance