Concern Worldwide, Syria
Closing Date for Applications:
You will be responsible for the overall management of Concern Syria and Iraq’s support functions, which comprise administration, HR, and logistics including procurement, warehousing and fleet management. You will ensure appropriate systems are in place to meet program needs, while ensuring the effective and efficient use of Concern’s resources. As a member of the Country Management Team, you will provide strategic direction to Concern Syria/Iraq. You will also supervise security management in country.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensure that key Concern support policies (Procurement and Logistics, Transport, HR, IT, SMP) are continuously updated as required and appropriate to the context
- Ensure that all staff are aware of and comply with Concern’s policies and procedures
- Ensure that the logistics function of Concern is strengthened to adequately support programmes in all aspects of logistics including but not limited to procurement, storage and stock management, transport and distribution of goods and facilitation of services.
- Ensure effective and efficient HR management and support Programme Managers in resource planning for new projects including logistics, HR and administration.
- Ensure appropriate IT support for the programme.
- Ensure Security Management Plan is updated and SOPs rolled out throughout the programme.
- Together with CMT ensure implementation of 4Ps policy across the Iraq and Syria programmes.
- Liaise with other INGOs, legal advisor, and other relevant stakeholders for effective coordination and implementation of logistics, HR and administration.
- Responsible for assuring Concern is compliant with local legislation, rules and regulations in terms of visas, tax, and labour law.
- Ensure Human Resources policy and procedures are in place, and kept up to date, incorporating best HR practice, in line with Concern Worldwide organizational policy and following relevant labour legislation.
- Lead the country team in rolling out the approved Human Resources Manual, including provision of briefings to staff and new recruits at induction
- Provide technical support and on-going on-the-job training and coaching to staff
- Ensure that all positions have accurate job descriptions and staff contracts continue to be compliant with labour, tax and social security law and represent best practise
- Ensure effective performance review and development through the use of the PDR system for direct reports, and in supporting teams in its use across the country programme
- Provide support to the HR Manager including advice and guidance for International Staff, ensuring any issues that arise are dealt with in accordance with Concern Worldwide HR Policy and the National and International Staff Manuals.
- In collaboration with the PD, ensure the effective implementation of HR related HAP standard commitments.
- Uphold organisational values and comply with Concern’s Code of Conduct and our Associated policies i.e. Programme Participant Protection Policy, Child Protection Policy and Anti Trafficking policy.
- Promote an attractive working environment based on equality, caring attitudes, and integrity where staff feel safe, valued and respected.
Administration and logistic functions:
- To ensure effective and efficient administrative and logistical support and resources are provided to the staff including, but not limited to:
- Ensuring efficient procurement of goods and services in a transparent and accountable manner, ensuring value for money for the organisation and justifiable use of donor funds.
- Ensure procurement procedures are effective, efficient and adhered to by all staff
- Ensure effective management of drivers and fleet including supervision of fleet management, monitoring of transport reports, planning of vehicle rental according to programme needs, ensuring safe, reliable and efficient transportation for programmes and staff.
- Oversee the management of the offices and apartments and ensure contracts are up to date.
- Oversee the management of the fixed asset register
- Liaise with Concern’s lawyer to ensure all legal procedures are being followed.
- To ensure effective IT systems for communication and data management linking with Concern Worldwide systems, Including but not limited to:
- Follow up on recommendations from regional IT Adviser visit
- Ensure Concern’s IT policy and procedures are in place and followed
- Through the IT designated person, ensure provision of effective support systems, enabling the smooth operation of IT systems
Budget and Financial Management:
- In conjunction with the Country Director and Country Financial Controller set, manage and monitor the support systems annual budgets for Transport/ Administration/International Staff
- Ensure all Systems’ staff are trained on budget procedures and monitor their monthly expenditure
- Implementation of the Security Management Plan and regular update and roll of SOPs for incidents management
- Ensure all new staff receive thorough security briefings and apply Concern’s security protocols
- Monitor the day-to-day management of security matters and closely work with the field Security Focal Persons (SFPs), other NGO security personnel and NGO security coordination mechanisms
- Any other related duties as assigned by the Country Director
- Contribute to organisational accountability initiatives
- Adhere fully to the commitments and rules of Concern’s Code of Conduct and its Associated policies, including the respect of confidentiality.
- Your skills and experience will include:
- Significant previous experience with an INGO in developing and delivering systems which are compliant to EU, USAID and/or UN procedures.
- Sound experience in HR, administration and logistics management including procurement and fleet management.
- Experience in team building and supervision of staff.
- Experience in dealing with local authorities, national and international NGO’s /UN bodies.
- Experience in security management and working/living in insecure and sensitive environments.
- Empathy with Concern’s vision, mission, goal and objectives and commitment to capacity building, protection and participation.
- Very good command of English.