Purpose of the Position
The overall objective of this assignment is to assist the Country Office in drafting, editing, translating, formatting and finalizing reports, as well as tracking and contributing to funding proposals, and donor reports related to UNICEF cooperation in Central African Republic to ensure timely publications, delivered with clarity and consistency of style and message. Under the direct supervision of the Chief Communications with guidance from the Deputy Representative.
Key Expected Results
- Development of a communication action plan based on the office resource mobilization strategy.
- Production of communication documents also related to resource mobilization(possibility of direct writing tasks) by developing quality funding proposals, fact sheets, power point presentation, human interest stories etc.
- Maintain productive relationships with donors (multilaterals, bilateral, UNICEF national committees) by drafting correspondence and preparing programme visits.
- Organize and track all proposals sent to donors.
- Prepare alerts for up-coming donor reports based on the donor reports table.
- Editing of donor reports based on the office SOP (see Annex 1).
- Translation of key documents from French into English and English into French.
- Thorough fact-checking of figures, budget and references in some cases (All documents submitted must be checked for clarity and understanding, ensuring compliance with UNICEF terminology, grammatical accuracy, factual accuracy, coherence. All documents submitted must comply with available guidelines and UNICEF Brand rules.
- In collaboration with the budget officer, coordinate the elaboration of a Tracking system forall incoming resource allocations against the Humanitarian Action for Children
- Completed electronic versions of edited and/or translated documents required by UNICEF specified in the individual work orders, according to the individually set deadlines.
- Production of resource mobilization/communication documents.
- Editing of all donor reports and other documents includes stylistic, structural and content editing, tailoring language, checking the physical structure of the text, correction of factual and logical errors, and consistency in terminology.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
Education: University degree in Social Sciences, Communication, Development or Business or related fields.
- At least five years of relevant experience in communication, report writing and/or editing for various audiences and for advocacy purposes including development, transition and/or emergency contexts is an added advantage.
- Relevant experience in working with international organizations, knowledge of UNICEF terminology is desirable.
- Writing and analytical skills, including the ability to present thoughts and ideas in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and produce quality work in a short time, within deadlines and under pressure.
Language: Excellent command of English and French and demonstrated experience in editing documents in both English and French
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Working with People
- Drive for Results
Leading and Supervising
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts
- Relating and Networking
- Persuading and Influencing
- Creating and Innovating
- The successful candidate for this emergency recruitment MUST be available to commence work within 31 days of receiving an offer.
- Please note that is a non-family duty station.
Employment is conditional upon receipt of medical clearance, any clearance required, the grant of a visa, and completion of any other pre-employment criteria that UNICEF may establish. Candidates may not be further considered or offers of employment may be withdrawn if these conditions are unlikely to be met before the date for commencement of service