TA Programme Specialist, (Cash Transfer)
UNICEF, Ankara, Turkey
Closing Date for Applications:
Key Accountabilities and Duties & Tasks
Ensure the design, implementation and coordination of UNICEF cash-based programmes in Turkey
- Identify and assess opportunities for effective cash-based programming to support Syrian and refugee children, particularly in Education and Basic Needs
- Design and implement child-focused cash programmes in line with national systems and priorities and UNICEF commitments
- Work in close collaboration with Government of Turkey (GoT) and partners to ensure smooth disbursement of funds every month and address any targeting issues
- Provide support to fund raising strategy to ensure continuous funding for the programme
- Produce advocacy materials to inform decision making internally and externally
- Ensure internal coordination with, and provide technical support to, relevant programme sections within the UNICEF Turkey Country Office on cash programming
Supervise and support monitoring and evaluation activities
- Develop a comprehensive monitoring system to ensure quality monitoring of all UNICEF-funded cash distribution in collaboration with implementing partners
- Supervise dedicated M&E staff and ensure relevant and timely data collection and analysis
- Supervise independent monitoring entity activities
- Draft a final evaluation report on cash programmes to inform and improve future programming
- Provide support to internal and external evaluations, as necessary.
Provide operational management of the programme, and ensure that adequate operational measures are regularly adjusted
- Risk management and mitigation measures
- Liquidation process
- Financial reporting
Represent UNICEF Turkey Country Office in relevant forums and with technical counterparts as needed
- Participate and regularly present at different meetings UNICEF Turkey activities and positions
- Develop and strengthen links with external partners and technical counterparts
- Advanced University Degree in International Relations, Public Administration/Public Policy, Humanitarian Affairs, Development, Social Sciences, Business Administration, Financial Management, or other relevant disciplines. Or;
- *A first level (Bachelor's) University Degree in related fields with 7 years professional experience may be acceptable in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- Five years progressively responsible professional work experience at national and international levels in post-crisis recovery, complex emergencies, humanitarian response, including experience in early recovery.
- Experience in cash transfer programming essential.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English required; proficiency in another UN language (particularly Arabic) would be a strong asset.
- Proven ability to conceptualize, plan and execute complex processes across a wide range of stakeholders.
- Advanced ability to work quickly and under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization.
- Proven ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
How To Apply:
- If you are Interested kindly use the following link to apply: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=498257