Talented Communications intern
Danish Refugee Council, Denmark
Closing Date for Applications:
DRC is Denmark’s largest NGO and one of the world’s leading displacement organisations. Our vision to to provide a dignified life for displaced people globally.
DRC is looking for an intern for our global communication and fundraising department. The intern will be given the possibility to work independently with different tasks that are related to their line of study and they will be given a thorough introduction to the working relations at the headquarters of an international NGO.
DRC offers the interns the opportunity:
- To gain experience working at an international NGO
- To work independently with different tasks related to communications and fundraising
- To be a part of a large and dynamic global team
The intern will work both individually and together with a team and must be able to meet the following requirements:
- Be enlisted at a university for a relevant education at masters level (this is a prerequisite for the internship);
- Be fluent in both written and spoken English and Danish;
- Be effective in the use of MS Office and preferable Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator/Premier Pro;
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Be able to work independently as well as in a team;
- Be able to work systematically with a good structure for the tasks that you are responsible for;
- Have an eye for the detail and strive to get the job done.
Qualifications: The intern will be working alongside other colleagues on matters concerning communications, branding (visibility) and fundraising.
The Communications Intern is expected to assist with:
- Writing content for articles, social media, website, etc. and video production
- Develop campaigns for fundraising
- Collect and proofread field (human interest) stories provided by the country programs;
- Assist with preparation, formatting and proofreading
- Help organise meetings and appointments as well as produce and distribute minutes of meetings
- The student should be pursuing a graduate level degree in communication, journalism and social media. Knowledge/experience with CMS, preferable Umbraco, will be preferred. Experience with and a flair for communications and design are a strong advantage. Students pursuing a degree in e.g. IT and Communications, Multimedia Design and Communications, Media, PR, Marketing, Journalism and alike, with an interest in development work are also strongly encouraged to apply. It is an advantage to master English and Danish at proficient level.