The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
To Monitor receipt/dispatch and proper loading/ offloading of the commodity as per the instructions. Ensuring proper stacking along with the verification of commodities in order to maximise quality of warehouse operations and mitigate losses, and to support the best storage management practices in compliance with WFP warehouse standards and established guidelines.
Under the overall supervision of a store keeper and/or his/her designated, the tally clerk will undertake the following duties.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Receiving Food commodity
- During offloading strict vigilance on carton condition and commodity. During offloading random check of commodity’s quantity and quality.
- Immediately report to the storekeeper after receiving, the shortages and leakages.
- Proper placement of the stack cards in front of particular stack with all updated information.
Dispatching Food Commodity
- Inspect the vehicle for hygiene/cleanliness before loading / off-loading.
- Physical presence at the loading point to observe the loading activity and make sure commodity loaded in sound condition with proper stacking on vehicle.
- Update the stack card immediately after each dispatch.
- Facilitate the P.I team in counting stacks.
- Making sure all stack cards are properly signed by the team
Cleanliness of warehouse
- Assist Store Keeper in making sure all warehouse is properly cleaned to maintain hygienic conditions.
- Assign different tasks to cleaners where necessary.
- Assist SK in making sure, all stacks / pallets / gangways are properly cleaned.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Builds an understanding of WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Approaches individual tasks and responsibilities with a positive attitude and demeanor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Understands the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Connects individual tasks and responsibilities to unit’s goals and mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Seeks opportunities to build and enhance individual skills.
- Create an inclusive culture: Demonstrates respect and understanding for diversity and cultural differences.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Identifies and approaches colleagues or supervisors to serve as coaches.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Sets clear goals and measurable targets for own tasks and responsibilities.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Assesses own tasks and responsibilities to find ways to be more efficient.
- Focus on getting results: Maintains accurate records of completion times and tasks in own areas of responsibility.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Understands responsibilities and the metrics associated with own tasks.
- Be Decisive: Notifies supervisors of dangerous situations or potential issues that may arise while in the field or office.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Understands WFP’s organizational structure, including the purpose and mission of each unit.
- Build strong external partnerships: Supports team in working with colleagues and WFP’s partners in the field toward common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Maintains a professional and courteous relationship with other WFP employees and partners in the field.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Understands own team’s contributions in its partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Supply Chain Management and Optimization Displays aptitude at monitoring and reporting on supply chain operations to enable teams to efficiently assess the performance and sustainability of current networks.
- Planning, Project & Resource Management Supports the planning, forecasting & resource management efforts of own team by collecting data from diverse sources.
- Information Management & Reporting Collates accurate and timely information and data to enable informed decision making on reporting within individual unit and consequently the greater humanitarian community.
- Market Analysis, Contracting and Operational Execution Ability to collect and collate necessary information to enable WFP to make informed operational decisions.
- Warehouse and Inventory Management Demonstrates ability to carry out day to day activities around warehouse and inventory management in a manner that complies with WFP's operational warehouse procedures.
- Technical Assistance and Coordination Demonstrates awareness of the importance of technical assistance and coordination with key stakeholders and an ability to carry out logistics activities, respecting individual mandates and programme priorities.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Familiarity with the special context of refugee camps and makeshift sites in Cox’s Bazar.
- Good English Language understanding.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- At least three years of progressively responsible experience in the relevant field including at least one year in the field of transport/ commodity handling /warehousing.
- Experience in logistics Operations
- Experience in warehousing.
- Experience in managing inventories.
- Experience in Tally job.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Higher Secondary School Education
- Language: Fluency in oral and written English and Bangla required.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Good Knowledge of MS-Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Database etc
- Knowledge of using office equipment.
- A Team player
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Good at communicating precisely & clearly.
- Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with all contacts both inside and outside the organisation.
- Flexibility & Ability to handle workload.
- Hard working, calm, clear head, logical
- Positive attitude
- Optimistic Approach