FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: TB Senior Laboratory Engagement Officer for a USAID Tuberculosis Private Sector Activity in Indonesia.
The TB Senior Laboratory Engagement Officer(SLEO) will support activities under the USAID Tuberculosis Private Sector Activity in Indonesia to improve district public-private mix (DPPM) implementation by enhancing collaboration with diagnostic-related professional associations (ILKI, PAMKI, PDS PATKLIN) under the Coalition of Professional Associations for TB (KOPI-TB) at the provincial and district levels. The SLEO will also engage with senior management of private sector diagnostic laboratories to facilitate investment in TB-related diagnostic services. Additionally, the SLEO will work to strengthen TB case identification and notification through developing public and private diagnostic laboratory networking, increasing private provider access to molecular diagnostic services, enhancing sputum transport systems in the private sector, and other laboratory-related support for DS- and DR-TB detection and treatment. Support will include working with private and public laboratories to develop optimal TB diagnostic networks under revised BPJS-K payment systems, facilitating business models for private sector investment in molecular diagnostic and other technologies, and increasing private sector access to public sector SL-LPA, C/DST diagnostic laboratories through the National TB Reference laboratory network.
- Working with other technical team members, develop cost effectiveness and business cases to encourage private sector investment in Xpert to support NTP diagnostic capacity
- Interface with private sector laboratory senior management to assist in negotiating concessionary or public sector pricing for diagnostics (Xpert machines, cartridges, MGIT or others) in coordination with the NTP
- Together with TBPS technical team, work with Districts/Provincial Health Offices and professional organizations to implement district TB public-private mix activities
- Assist in developing TB network optimization with pharmacies, laboratories, and private providers under revised payment mechanisms to support rapid diagnosis and access to test results
- Contribute to development of models for scale-up for laboratory networking and diagnostic capacity in non-TBPS districts
- Work with the health financing team on providing access to data in support of diagnostic fee-for-service provision under national health insurance program
- Provide support for any trainings on TB diagnostics which may include microscopy, solid and liquid culture, LPA and molecular methods
- Work with the NTP to conduct TB diagnostic capacity assessment mapping for private laboratories (to include microscopy, GeneXpert, chest X-ray, culture and drug susceptibility testing) including analysis of ideal distribution of molecular diagnostics per catchment area in target districts
- Assist laboratories and the national TB program with development and implementation of policies and standard operating procedures as well as other tools and technical job aides
- Assist with establishing systems to improve diagnostic digital connectivity between laboratories, providers and the national TB program for case reporting, treatment success rate
- Assist with developing solutions and systems to improve specimen referral and transportation systems
- In close collaboration with team members and stakeholders, establish systems and initiatives to increase engagement of private diagnostic service providers
- Support project activities to scale up Xpert diagnostics and networking, and to increase access to TB culture and direct susceptibility testing in private laboratories
- Assist in evaluating private laboratory capacity based on ISO- or other internal quality control systems, and to support participation in government external quality assurance programs via the national TB reference laboratory system
- Assist project manager/COP to prepare workplans and budgets
Education: Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent in chemical, biological or laboratory sciences or public health or related discipline .
- At least four years’ experience working in management level and/or directly providing technical and capacity building services to diagnostic, pharmaceutical, or other ISO-accredited laboratories
- Experience with facilitation, project design or implementation with senior government or private sector officials
- Experience in USAID funded project will be an advantage
- Fluency in written and spoken Bahasa and high proficiency in English
- Willingness and ability to travel a minimum of 25% within Indonesia
- Authorization to work in Indonesia
- Good attitude, communication skill and able to work well with other team members.