Teacher Training Specialist
World Learning, Malawi
Closing Date for Applications:
USAID’s Expanding Degree Opportunities seeks to provide technical assistance to Malawi Teacher Training Colleges and higher education entities for the development of degree programs and professional development coursework in the areas of curriculum and instruction. The Teacher Training Specialist will be responsible for providing technical guidance and coordinating program activities among stakeholders including university leadership, departmental leads, Ministry actors and individual faculty/lecturers to ensure activities and objectives are met.
Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project.
- Work with universities and relevant Government of Malawi entities in the introduction and implementation of a sustainable and scalable degree programs;
- Lead the project in ensuring that university leadership (directors, administrators, etc.) have the systems in place to analyze quality of their curricula and support them in designing tailored interventions to address findings;
- Assist in the oversight and monitoring of program activities and operations, and ensure reports, work plans, and other program deliverables are timely and of high quality;
- Support faculty and lecturer capacity development and university/college system strengthening;
- Work with university departments/faculties to address gaps in implementation of the project and in measure effectiveness of interventions;
- Promote peer-to-peer learning;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong knowledge of the education sector in Malawi, particularly in higher education;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills; ability to fluidly communicate with university directors, and administrators;
- Knowledge of pre-service, university level training of future teachers, and the curricula included in such fields of study;
- Preferred knowledge of curricula design and adaptation and in training adult learners;
- Preferred experience of working in primary or secondary schools
- Proven experience designing and rolling out curricula at the university level for teacher pre-service training;
- Professional level of verbal and written fluency in English; Malawian Nationals preferred;
- Commitment to inclusive programming that encourages full participation of individuals regardless of gender, disability status, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or other marginalized status.