Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
Key Tasks and Responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
• Provide and carry out the full range office support work in a very demanding international work environment and work proactively with the team in planning and ensuring that unit calendars, travel, meetings, etc. are efficiently coordinated;
• Co-ordinate with service units; liaise frequently with team members in Singapore, Washington D.C. and other Country Offices, as well as external counterparts and may also be assigned responsibility for the aspect of the unit’s administrative functions and also assist Front Office staff on mission.
• Assist in the organization and coordination of all manner of events related to Singapore Hub activities such as high level visits, media events, workshops, conferences, trainings, meetings, including side events as required;
• Co-ordinate time management and schedules, taking current and future priorities into account, anticipate and monitor changes, and communicate the information;
• Produce complex texts, reports, presentations, charts, graphs according to standard Bank formats and distribution;
• Draft correspondence and proofread materials, using proper grammar, punctuation, and style.
• Solve non-routine problems creatively and resourcefully (e.g., respond to requests requiring file search, etc.).
• Track assigned tasks/project steps/ timetables using modern office management technologies, coordinate with relevant staff, provide assistance and/or information on project-related matters and ensure proper dissemination of documentation;
• Maintain and update contacts lists, current distribution list, the filing system, program or unit files (both paper and electronically) and ensure the general efficient functioning of the assigned team.
• Operate proactively with efficiency and responsiveness, anticipating needs and finding solutions.
• Prioritize effectively with sensitivity to deadlines.
• Perform other tasks that may be assigned by the supervisor
• While the Team Assistant will be supervised by the Senior Executive Assistant, s/he will also work closely with the Director, World Bank Group Singapore and Front Office team.
Among other criteria, the successful candidate should have:
• A minimum of college diploma preferably in Secretarial Studies or Office Management or Business Administration, or other relevant qualification;
• At least 3 years of direct relevant experience in a large International Service or Private Sector Organization; proficient in verbal and written English and effective time management and organizational skills.