Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR), Beirut, Lebanon
Closing Date for Applications:
- Drafts or assists in drafting responses to routine correspondence and other communications; uses standard word processing package to produce a wide variety of documents and reports as requested. Proofreads documents and edits texts for adherence to established standards for format;
- Screens phone calls and visitors; responds to routine requests and inquiries, and as necessary, refers inquiries to appropriate personnel for handling;
- Reviews, records, and processes mail and other documents; follows up on impending actions;
- Participates in office processes, tasks and outputs, including leave and attendance records, calendar/schedules; monitors changes and communicates relevant information as appropriate; researches, compiles and organizes information from various sources for reports, work plans, studies, briefings, meetings/conferences, and other activities;
- Provides secretarial, administrative and logistics assistance and support to meetings, conferences and other office activities including travel requests, visa applications, flight and hotel reservations, and conference facilities; assists in the requisition of these and other services, purchase orders and verification of receipts and accuracy of requisite documents, approvals, signatures, etc. to ensure compliance with relevant legal, financial and other requirements;
- Assists in the preparation of presentation materials using appropriate technology/software;
- Performs data entry and extraction functions and maintains paper and electronic files and databases and supports colleagues in organizing office information;
- Updates and maintains distribution lists; monitors, prepares and distributes various materials, reports, where possible using electronic formats; handles arrangement for printing and translation as necessary; coordinates shipment arrangements, courier services and related tasks;
- Assists in providing software and office equipment support; and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in general office support or related area.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations.
- For this post, fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic is required.
- Knowledge of French is desirable.
How To Apply:
- If you are Interested kindly use the following link to apply: https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=63520