IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. Working with 2,000 businesses worldwide, we use our six decades of experience to create opportunity where it’s needed most. In FY16, our long-term investments in developing countries rose to nearly $19 billion, leveraging our capital, expertise and influence to help the private sector end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit www.ifc.org
IFC Singapore is seeking to recruit a Team Assistant (TA) to assist in the country activities of the IFC. TA carries out a full range of office support work, including supporting processes and monitoring schedules related to their team's/unit's products and tasks. TA coordinates extensively with service units and liaises frequently with team members both at headquarters and in the field, as well as external counterparts. TA may also be assigned responsibility for some aspect of the unit's administrative functions. The position will report to Office Administrator who will provide supervision and guidance.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 2 year term appointment.
Duties and Accountabilities:
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Drafting routine correspondence and proofreading materials using proper grammar, punctuation, and style. Using word processing or desktop publishing skills to produce complex text, reports, figures, graphs, etc., according to standard Bank formats and distribution. Incorporating agreed comments into documents, making full use of shared drives and software capabilities.
- Making travel arrangements, including travel itineraries, hotel arrangements, ground transportation, visa arrangements, etc. Coordinating with travel agency and other regional offices to ensure that logistical arrangements for the trips are well planned and prepared. Maintaining and regularly distributing accurate schedules of staff travel and visiting missions
- Understanding of IFC guidelines and procedures for project cycles; Ensuring effective filing of a variety of documents and correspondence, including primary project information, appropriate clearances, uploading and downloading documents in Idesk/ASOP etc
- Assisting in planning and monitoring of project-related activities, i.e.: logistical arrangements for regular meetings and client visits, teleconferences and videoconferences, guest passes, etc.. Maintaining up-to-date travel, administrative and unit files. Coordinating schedules taking priorities into account, monitoring and communicating changes and other information to the appropriate staff, inside and outside the immediate work unit, including IFC stakeholders.
- Tracking assigned task/project steps/timetables, coordinating with relevant staff and providing assistance and/or information on project-related matters. Maintaining up-to-date work unit project and other files (both paper and electronic).
- Participating in regular ACS staff meetings and sharing responsibility with other ACS team members to prepare agendas, chair meetings and share relevant information. Providing updates and follow up on any identified action items.
- Providing back-up support to other ACS peers in their absence or during periods of heavy workload.
- Maintains current distribution lists, phone/address lists of program contacts, and distributes documents for the team.
- Bachelor degree with at least 3 years work experience in relevant position such as secretary, administration assistance in multi-national or international organization preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of IFC administrative/operational policies, procedures and processes.
- Ability to follow through on team priorities in the absence of the team leader and respond to requests for information.
- Ability to adapt to changing business needs by continuous learning/training.
- Sound organizational skills and ability to produce high-quality work within tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Committed team player with demonstrated inter-personal skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment;
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team-oriented environment and take direction from coordinating staff.
- Uses applications literate (e.g., LARS & iDesk/ASOP) to deliver and execute routine work. Ability to obtain information regarding institutional policies, procedures, and technology.
- Full proficiency in English, both written and spoken
- Flexibility to work overtime during peak periods
- Strong MS Office user, including MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint and Outlook. Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted. Note: If the selected candidate is a current World Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 2 year term appointment.