Background & General Description:
The World Bank has been supporting India in developing and delivering appropriate solutions to the country. Currently, The World Bank’s operation in India includes support to the reform and development agenda of the country on urban and transport infrastructure, rural development and community livelihoods, human development, climate change and disaster risk management and finance and private sector. The current active World Bank portfolio in India comprises 105 projects with a total net commitment value of approximately US$27 billion.
The World Bank’s India Country Management Unit (CMU) is seeking two highly organized, energized and experienced professionals, to support the India Program as Team Assistants (TA) based in the World Bank New Delhi Office. The selected candidates will work in a multi-disciplinary team environment and will carry out a full range of operational and administrative support across various Global Practices and Cross Support Teams in the India Office.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A COUNTRY OFFICE POSITION IN INDIA SUBJECT TO LOCAL RECRUITMENT UNDER THE NEW DELHI, INDIA COMPENSATION PLAN. IF A STAFF MEMBER HOLDING AN HQ/INTERNATIONAL POSITION IS SELECTED INTO THIS POSITION, THEN THE STAFF MEMBER WOULD CONVERT TO A LOCAL APPOINTMENT (I.E., A LOCAL SALARY AND NO EXPATRIATE BENEFITS).
THE WORLD BANK GROUP IS COMMITTED TO ACHIEVING DIVERSITY IN TERMS OF GENDER, NATIONALITY, CULTURE AND EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND. INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES ARE EQUALLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE TREATED IN THE STRICTEST CONFIDENCE.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 2 year term appointment.
Duties and Accountabilities:
The Team Assistants duties and accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist TTL(s) with field visits and client interactions on projects; routine mission scheduling; tracking day to day activities for assigned projects; hiring of consultants and firms using appropriate office procedures;
- Assist team in preparing/drafting variety of standard documents needed for various stages of the project cycle, incorporate agreed comments into documents, quality enhancement for all mail and document editing and transmitting to the client including formatting/spell check, monitor and update activity milestones, monitor task budgets, etc,
- Carry out full range of office support work, including managing processes and monitoring schedules related to their team’s/unit’s products and tasks
- Maintains up to date project and other files in the official repository of the World Bank, Wbdocs.
- Draft routine correspondence materials, using proper grammar, punctuation and style.
Client Interaction and coordination:.
- Coordinate extensively with service units and liaise frequently with team members both at headquarters and in the field, as well as external counterparts.
- Coordinate schedules taking priorities into account, monitors changes, and communicates the information to appropriate staff, inside and outside the immediate work unit, including officials outside the Bank Group.
- Maintains current distribution list, phone/address lists of projects/product contacts
- Work closely with other staff within the unit to make a significant contribution to the overall achievement of the unit's work program.
- Solves non – routine problems (e.g., responds to requests requiring file search, etc.).
- Assists in preparation and logistical for various events, e.g. conferences, workshops, negotiations, etc,.
Other duties: Provide back – up support for other staff and Task Team Assistants/Program assistants on project and administrative tasks in the assigned cluster and across the New Delhi office, when required.
Education and Experience
- Among other criteria, the successful candidates should be holding :
- High school diploma with 2 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Technology and systems knowledge - Demonstrates advanced knowledge and experience working with Microsoft office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.). Has ability and willingness to maintain up-to -date knowledge and skills as technology.
- Project and task management - Exhibits good organizational, problem-solving skills and ability to work competently with minimal supervision. Demonstrates attention to detail and quality. Has ability to manage multiple tasks and complete tasks within agreed schedule.
- Institutional policies, processes, and procedures - Demonstrates knowledge of own department's programs and products, knows key players, understands own role. Displays understanding of WB policies and procedures relevant to the area of assigned responsibilities and is able to apply/ implement them.
- Versatility and adaptability - Demonstrates flexibility and is receptive to the implementation of new solutions. Is willing to stretch own capability. Demonstrates motivation to avail and adapt oneself to effecting change.
- Client Orientation - Exhibits positive and professional client service attitude; is able to understand clients' needs and complete them professionally.
- Drive for Results - Takes personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed- upon results, and has the personal organization to do so.
- Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion - Collaborates with other team members and contributes productively to the team's work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
- Knowledge, Learning and Communication - Has good knowledge of official unit's language(s). Able to write clearly, edit and proofread draft communications. Able learn and share knowledge/information across the unit.
- Business Judgment and Analytical Decision Making - Able to manage information and support retention and disposition of information and records. Can search, report, and deliver basic information from various sources and independently respond to basic inquiries.