The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
TALENTED WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working arrangements. Also, we endeavour to provide our staff, women, and men, with training and professional career development opportunities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
As Business Support Assistant G4 you will report directly to the Head of the Human Resources Unit and you will provide broad administrative and technical support to the entire Human Resources Unit. Specifically, you will perform the following duties:
- Provide administrative support in various HR activities and in processing routine administrative and financial tasks to contribute to the effective and timely provision of services by the Human Resources Unit (e.g. prepare or review staff-related payment requests, schedule meetings, make travel arrangements, etc.);
- Act with competence, integrity, impartiality, independence and discretion; demonstrate ethical behaviour at all times; and act as a role model in line with WFP’s expectation that all WFP personnel act ethically in furtherance of the ideals of the UN and WFP’s Mission;
- Use HR management systems as required to enter a variety of HR data, monitor various deadlines, ensure accuracy of HR data and compliance with the established deadlines (e.g. perform leave management duties; review, log and track routine administrative requests submitted to/by the HR unit, etc.);
- Provide assistance on general HR queries and follow up actions, or escalate where appropriate, to ensure consistent and high-quality HR services are delivered to clients;
- Maintain confidential personnel records, HR databases and archives, to ensure data and files are accurately stored and updated in compliance with the established standards;
- Gather information to support the drafting of documents and preparing reports;
- Draft various HR documentation required for the specific area of work ensuring accuracy and meeting established deadlines;
- Translate correspondence and documents from Arabic to English upon request;
- Work with a variety of individuals with different national and cultural backgrounds, taking on feedback where appropriate to assist in business support delivery for staff;
- Others as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- This vacancy is open to qualified Sudanese Nationals Only.
- Completion of secondary school education. Completion of post-secondary education is an asset.
- At least three years of progressively responsible work experience in general administrative work or as personal/executive assistant. Additional experience in the field of Human Resources is desirable.
- Fluency in English and Arabic.