United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, Vienna, Austria
Closing Date for Applications:
ORG. SETTING AND REPORTING
This position is located in the Regional Section for South Asia, East Asia and the Pacific (RSSAEAP), Division for Operations (DO), United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) in Vienna. The Team Assistant will work under the direct supervision of the Chief of the Section.
- Within assigned authority, the Team Assistant will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Perform a wide range of office support, administrative and programme management functions; respond or draft responses to routine correspondence and other communications; use standard word processing package to produce a wide variety of large, complex documents and reports.
- Assist in monitoring budgets and expenditures in relation to the field office portfolio and spending and provide support as necessary.
- Monitor processes and schedules related the unit’s outputs, products, tasks, etc.; where applicable, assist in the verification of receipt and accuracy of requisite documents, approvals, signatures, etc. to ensure compliance with relevant legal, financial and other requirements.
- Research, compile and organize information and reference materials from various sources for reports, work plans, studies, briefings, meetings/conferences, etc.
- Generate a variety of standard statistical and other reports, work orders, etc., using various databases.
- Proofread documents and edit texts for accuracy, grammar, punctuation and style, and for adherence to established standards for format.
- Screen phone calls and visitors; respond to moderately complex information requests and inquiries (e.g. answers requests requiring file search, etc.), and as necessary, refer inquiries to appropriate personnel for handling.
- Provide secretarial, administrative and logistics support to meetings, boards, committees, conferences, etc.
- Professionalism: Has basic knowledge of internal policies, processes and procedures generally and in particular those related to programme/project administration, implementation, technical cooperation and project budget monitoring. Has knowledge of the functions and organization of the work unit and of the organizational structure and respective roles of related units. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Planning and Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of three years of working experience in general office support or other relevant areas is required.
- Experience within an International Organization or the United Nations system is desirable.
- Experience in working with an ERP system is required.
- Experience in SAP/Umoja is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.