International Atomic Energy Agency, Vienna, Austria
Closing Date for Applications:
Reporting to a Section/Unit Head/Supervisor and providing support to a group of Professionals, the Team Assistant contributes to the efficient operation of the office by providing assistance and advice on the administrative practices and procedures.
Functions / Key Results Expected
Correspondence and Records Management
- Draft standard correspondence according to corporate communication guidelines.
- Format letters, reports, technical documents, manuscripts, newsletters and other material in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- On the basis of general instructions, search office files and records and select information for use by the supervisor(s) in preparing correspondence, reports, project or programme plans.
- Prepare graphs, charts and other visual aids for use by the supervisor(s) or experts in seminars, meetings, workshops and presentations. May prepare and format documents for Internet publication.
- Responsible for the work unit's Records Office in terms of: maintaining file lists, finding aids, paper and electronic files according to corporate standards, liaising with ARMS (Archives and Records Management Section) staff on records management issues, providing information to colleagues on records management standards and practices, facilitating paper file transfers and retrievals, and ensuring the proper handling of records of separating staff members.
Meetings and logistics
- Make arrangements for internal/external meetings, seminars and other events. This may require such activities as the implementation of logistics, preparation of invitation letters and the typing, compilation and distribution of working documents and other material.
- Take and prepare minutes and/or notes of internal meetings.
- Make travel and hotel arrangements, prepare travel authorizations/claims for the supervisor(s) and/or participants and compile, calculate and prepare cost estimates.
- Input, retrieve and assemble information into/from databases using commercial or IAEA specific software applications.
- May calculate and prepare standard limited components of the programme and budget (e.g. printing requirements, consultancies) and the financial plan for the Unit/Section and may keep track of the financial budget/expenditure of the Unit/Section.
- Update and maintain information databases, such as mailing lists, document tracking systems and management reporting systems on the status and completion of work plans.
- On behalf of the supervisor, may distribute work among the other support staff of the Section, explaining work methods, assisting with routine problems and checking work in progress to ensure compliance with administrative rules and regulations.
- Provide required support and/or backup to staff in executive offices.
Qualifications, Experience and Language skills
- Completed secondary education.
- Minimum of four years of general office support experience, some of which in an international environment.
- Good oral and written command of English. Knowledge of other official IAEA languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) is an asset.
- English language test (Level 2) to IAEA Standard.