World Bank Group, Conakry, Guinea
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
IFC a member of the World Bank Group is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2020, we invested $22 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity.
The IFC’s Conakry Country Office is seeking to recruit a highly motivated Team Assistant to provide effective and efficient administrative support to the Resident Representative and operational staff. This role will contribute to the effective operation and administrative coordination of the office.
Role & Responsibilities:
Key roles and responsibilities include the following:
- Provide overall administrative support to the Resident Representative and the project teams;
- Follow-up on correspondence from IFC staff, official governments and clients;
- Ensure that incoming correspondence and phone calls are directed to the right staff;
- Draft routine correspondence, proofread and edit materials using proper grammar, punctuation, and style;
- Incorporate agreed upon review comments into documents, making full use of shared drives and software capabilities;
- Schedule appointments for staff and visiting missions, prepare agendaSolve non-routine problems (e.g., respond to requests requiring file search, etc.);Request appointments for staff and visiting missions;
- Handle all logistics and procurement matters related to staff and visiting missions when required (including hotel, visa requests, car rental, pickup and drop-off);
- Assist in preparation and logistical planning for various events, e.g. conferences, workshops, etc.
- Maintain up-to-date work unit project and other files (both paper and electronic);
- Liaise with vendors to solicit price quotes for supplies and other procurement tasksMaintains highest level of confidentiality of all information; assist other ACS with any other administrative matters in the Cote d’Ivoire cluster;Back-up other ACS in the cluster when needed;
- Any other administrative duties assigned by the Res Rep.
- Minimum of High School diploma or equivalent (college diploma preferred) with a minimum of 2 years relevant work experience in a large international organization or equivalent;
- Proficiency in using advanced functions on standard computer applications (Windows applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Knowledge of and ability to execute diverse and intricate work procedures related to the timely processing and production of outputs and supporting administrative activities.
- Ability to retrieve reference materials from various sources (e.g. database or other filing systems, joint library, internet, etc.)Demonstrated use of initiative and ability to make appropriate linkages in work requirements and anticipate next steps.
- Ability to follow through on team priorities in the absence of the team leader and respond to requests for informationAbility to pass relevant bank tests (e.g. English language, computer applications, etc) as requiredCommitted, dedicated and a team player with ability to deal effectively with staff and clients with diverse situations which require good judgment, tact, diplomacy and confidentiality in a multicultural environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French, including ability to draft routine correspondence and edit materials.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to produce high-quality work under pressure.
- Ability to learn quickly new software applications.