IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. Working with more than 2,000 businesses worldwide, we use our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in the toughest areas of the world. In FY17, we delivered a record $19.3 billion in long-term financing for developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to help end poverty and boost shared prosperity.
IFC Singapore office is seeking to recruit a Team Assistant (TA)/Program Assistant (PA) to assist in the country activities of the IFC. TA/PA carries out a full range of office support work, including supporting processes and monitoring schedules related to their team's/unit's products and tasks. TA/PA coordinates extensively with service units and liaises frequently with team members both at headquarters and in the field, as well as external counterparts. TA/PA may also be assigned responsibility for some aspect of the unit's administrative functions. The position will report to Head of Administrative and Client Support (ACS) who will provide supervision and guidance.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 2 year term appointment.
Duties and Accountabilities:
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Providing full logistical and secretarial support to business related activities, including: (i) arranging travel schedule; (ii) organizing meetings/events/workshops, (iii) coordinating schedules taking priorities into account, monitoring and communicating changes and other information to the appropriate staff, inside and outside the immediate work unit, including IFC stakeholders, (iv) maintaining up-to-date work unit project and other files (both paper and electronic) and (v) translating/drafting a variety of routine documents, applying effective proofreading and grammar skills in English and local language.; and assisting in preparation of various presentation materials in power point.
- Providing primary assistance in the implementation of the unit's work program, including some specialized support in a specific area(s), e.g. task management, database management, editorial assistance, procurement, etc.
- Assisting Managers/Transaction Leaders in managing stakeholder relationships, which includes both internal and external IFC clients,
- Assisting clients and partners in implementation of marketing and communications plans/ strategies for Program. This includes assisting in development of content for brochures, press kits, web pages and other channels.
- Identifying and resolving diverse issues/problems as they arise, which often requires interpretation of existing procedures and processes and independently determining an appropriate application.
- Understanding of IFC guidelines and procedures for project cycles; serving as information resource on status of projects. Ensuring effective filing of a variety of documents and correspondence, including primary project information, appropriate clearances, uploading and downloading documents in Idesk/ASOP etc.
- Serving as an information resource on status of project/products (e.g. procurement, contract management, portfolio monitoring & reporting) and drafting a variety of correspondence.
- Undertaking ad hoc inquiries in standard and non-standard databases. Retrieving, maintaining and presenting data.
- Attending meetings and participating in field work and other program activities as may be required by the Manager/Transaction Leaders.
- Suggesting ways to enhance work organization and effectiveness.
- Attending meetings, drafting minutes and ensuring timely clearance and distribution.
- Working closely with other ACS staff in the office and providing back-up support to other program assistants.
- Mentoring less experienced supporting staff, proactively sharing knowledge and information, promoting cooperation within ACS community and suggesting ways of enhancing efficiency