PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Team Lead will be responsible for the day to day supervision of a team of hosted and shared service staff, particularly staff supporting WVUS. The individual will be responsible for onboarding and training of staff, and to engage with the FRSC and SO managers/primary contacts when it comes to staff output, deliverables and performance.
Review and identify areas for increasing efficiencies and creating synergies. Identify gaps in the current grant compliance, training and policy resources, and recommend new materials, training modules and communication that will improve grant compliance, training and policy. An adequate amount of time will be spent on training stakeholders, and in preparing training materials, and high-level, complex reports, analysis and templates.
The Team Lead will also be responsible for a range of reports, analysis, coordination and other assignments necessary to deliver the expected services to Support Offices.
- Supervise a team supporting and/or providing services to World Vision Support Offices and National Office grant staff:
- Play a role in hand-offs of tasks from the line manager to the staff, as needed
- Coordinate and ensure proper onboarding of new staff
- Coordinate and ensure learning and development of staff
- Coordinate and communicate regularly with host/line managers for performance management and staff management.
- Train staff on technical skills and identify resources they need to get the work done, including use of online options for training materials.
- Oversee the administrative and local requirements of staff reporting to this position, and report issues or concerns to the FRSC Manager.
- Work with the FRSC manager for staff management and overall oversight.
- Identify inefficiencies and gaps in the current grant compliance, training and policy resources and recommend new materials and operational efficiencies; Review and coordinate efforts, processes and skillsets of the staff and identify areas where quality and efficiencies can be achieved.
- Recommend and implement processes, projects or outputs that will maximize productivity and efficiencies, including grant protocols and compliance topics such as Open Data.
- Devise, create or formulate new standard and value-adding materials, products and services (e.g. reports, training modules, desk guides, wvcentral pages, WebEx Refreshers).
- Recommend new or revisions to grant and field finance policies; Participate in policy review and improvements.
- Develop, design and prepare training materials, reports and analysis on a regular basis or as required in accordance with Terms of Reference or agreements with client groups (e.g., policies, grant regulations, audit, grant data, budgeting cost center or programmes reporting, chargebacks and carryforward analysis and application).
- Coordinate, communicate and collaborate with the project/NO finance staff and the SO programme, legal contracts and finance/officers.
- Submit timely accurate and professional training plans, materials, reports and analysis.
- Assist the FRSC Manager and the rest of the leadership team in various assignments, tasks and projects that support the FRSC Shared Services team.
- Carry out additional responsibilities and projects as assigned, including team, leadership and planning functions.
- Attend and participate in meetings.
- Attend and participate in chapel services, daily and group devotions.
- Promote World Vision’s values through example and hold others accountable for the same across the team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- University degree in business, finance or accountancy.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in all areas of finance and accounting and strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and people management skills, time management, problem solving, interpersonal relations, decision-making.
- Able to effectively communicate with all levels in the organization (verbally and in writing).
- Strong MS Excel skills, MS Powerpoint, MS Access and MS SharePoint.
- 2 years managerial experience preferably in a non-profit or development organization or the like.
- 3 years of experience with project reporting, analysis and coordination with field or support offices, or donor organisations.
- Extensive experience in preparing and analysing compliance, accounting and financial reports for internal and external clients.
- Experience with grant, financial and data management systems (e.g. OLAP, SunSystems, myPBAS, PowerPivot, Our People).
- Experience with developing training materials, protocols, and face-to-face training in grant compliance and management.
- Certified Public Accountant.
- Gateway to Grants (can be done as part of orientation).
- Traning of Trainers (can be done as part of orientation).
- HEAT (can be done as part of orientation).
- Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Excellent multi-tasking and organization aptitudes.
- Strong technical/IT training experience.
- Field-based training and management experience.
- Experience working with grant, finance or programmes team in Support Offices, National Offices and projects within World Vision (or the like).
Work Environment/Travel: The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time.