Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
Team Leader – USAID/Haiti LEAD Project
Democracy International, Inc. (DI) seeks a Team Leader to conduct a final performance evaluation of the USAID/Haiti Leveraging Effective Application of Direct Investments (LEAD) project. The purpose of the performance evaluation is to assess the relevance, effectiveness, and efficiency of these programs, and to discuss approaches and follow-on activities and programming.
This position is a consultancy that requires travel to Haiti. DI’s recruitment for this position is contingent upon award.
• Planning the evaluation and managing the overall survey data collection process to ensure that the survey methodology is comparable to the methodology used in the baseline stage;
• Assigning evaluation responsibilities and tasks;
• Authoring the draft and final report, in particular findings, conclusions and recommendations; and
• Meeting with USAID/Haiti, project implementers and beneficiaries, and other key stakeholders.
• Master’s degree in economics, quantitative analysis, or statistics;
• 10 years of experience in leading and conducting data collection and survey work;
• Significant experience in evaluating financial, workforce development, and micro-finance programs;
• English and French fluency required with excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Demonstrated experience interacting with developing country governments, international organizations, other bilateral donors, civil society representatives, and senior level government officials;
• Prior work experience with USAID preferred; and
• Ability to work with diverse international teams and excellent interpersonal skills.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV to jobs.democracyinternational.com/ no later than June 24. Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
DI provides technical assistance, analytical services and project implementation for democracy, human rights, governance and conflict mitigation programs worldwide for the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), the U.S. State Department and other development partners. Since its founding in 2003, Democracy International has worked with civil society organizations, political parties, election-management bodies, government agencies, legislatures, justice-sector institutions, and others in 70 countries. DI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.