Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with chi ldren. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
- Palladium is currently seeking Expressions of Interest from interested candidates for an upcoming CSSF funded UK North Africa Technical Expertise programme.
- UK North Africa Technical Expertise programme will provide specialised, timely, demand- driven Technical Expertise in line with HMG priorities to HMG internally across North Africa, and the Governments of, and selected partners within, Egypt, Libya, Tunisia, Algeria Morocco and Mauritania. The 3-year programme will support partner country institutions to take forward sustainable reforms and changes to policy and practice, which help strengthen transparency, accountability and inclusion.
- The programme will provide support and expertise across multiple s ectors including Governance, Security and Justice, Conflict and Peacebuilding, Inclusive Economic Growth, Climate Change and Environmental Protection. A key focus of the programme will be support governments in North Africa to respond to recovery initiatives from COVID-19 crisis.
- The Team Leader will have overall responsibility for managing the Technical Expertise Facility, ensuring that all the Services are delivered to good-practice standards, in accordance with requirements and terms of the Contract, and for managing day-to-day activities of consultants and core team.
- The Team Leader shall be responsible for all administration, management and quality of all services provided by Palladium to achieve the outcomes of the Facility.
- Leading and coordinating the identification and provision of technical and policy advisory support for the Facility
- Working with in-country partners to understand and respond to the needs of government ministries and UK Missions in country
- Leading the development of the detailed work plan and budget for the team
- Establishing and maintaining supportive and cooperative relationships with relevant government partners and UK Missions in each target country
- Ensuring contracted programs and personnel work in consultation with stakeholders and each other and encouraging a culture of high performance and collaboration
- Developing and updating regularly country-specific and regional context analysis
- Overseeing Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning for the work performed by the Technical Experts and Advisers
- Managing risk around the implementation of the programme – development and regular updates of risk register
- Leading on the production of performance and financial reports, as agreed with the client
- Securing duty of care and safeguarding for all the personnel involved in the delivery of the outputs and all the participants to activities planned within the project’s framework
- Reviewing the technical and advisory personnel performance, focusing on achievement of outcomes, provision of feedback and management of all performance issues
- Managing the Facility office, supervising the work and performance of any support staff and preparing regular financial reports and technical reports/briefings as required
- Tertiary qualifications in public administration, international development or a relevant subject
- Significant experience in leading large facilities/programs/organisations/PMUs in North Africa region
- Demonstrated understanding – through professional experience - of the role and functions of the machinery of government and its agencies, preferably in North African countries
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to principles of gender equality and gender mainstreaming and do no harm, including how these can be integrated into capacity building approaches
- risk management, managing risk appropriately and escalating issues in a timely manner
- stake holder relationships management and donor coordination initiatives
- using up-to-date MEL concepts in the design and implementation of large scale projects
- context analysis and PEA
- leading the implementation of relevant projects in fragile and conflict-affected states
- a dynamic public sector or other major organisational environment, in particular, politically-sensitive environment in North Africa
- working successfully in a cross-cultural, multi-lingual environment, particularly in Middle East and North Africa would be an advantage
- High level of interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Excellent oral and written English and Arabic language skills. French language would be an asset.