Chemonics seeks a long-term team leader for the upcoming Pathways to Prosperity for Extremely Poor People (PPEPP) project in Bangladesh, funded by the United Kingdom’s Department for International Development (DFID). The Bangladesh PPEPP project will provide technical support and assistance to facilitate the development of local markets, connect poor households to mainstream economic growth, and coordinate local and national policy initiatives on extreme poverty. The program will work in regions with large numbers of extremely poor people, who are particularly vulnerable to the effects of climate change.
PPEPP will deliver results through five main components: (1) livelihood support, including support to adapt to a changing climate and be better prepared for disasters; (2) market development, connecting extremely poor people to markets and employment opportunities, building productive capabilities and capacity; (3) nutrition, improving delivery of national nutrition services in targeted communities; (4) community mobilization to change social norms that exclude groups, in particular women and people with disabilities; and (5) extreme poverty policy and governance facility to tackle extreme poverty and support investment in basic services.
We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Lead technical implementation and contractual and financial management
- Directly supervise technical and administrative staff
- Represent PPEPP in internal and external coordinating meetings to ensure effective alignment of goals and initiatives
- Maintain communication among all relevant parties, including DFID, national government, and local and regional partners
- Conduct field visits to regional activities
- Participate in project-supported events
- Make key decisions in short time frames, while ensuring operational and program integrity
- Advanced university degree in economic development, public finance, public administration, or related field; master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience implementing donor-funded activities to advance economic policy reform, poverty alleviation, social mobilization, and inclusion initiatives
- Experience collaborating with various levels of the government of Bangladesh, international donors, and local groups to improve service delivery to the extreme poor
- Experience working with vulnerable populations to support the creation of jobs and incomes
- Experience working on climate adaptation and disaster management
- Experience integrating gender equality and women’s empowerment issues within private or public sector development activities
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills, with demonstrated ability to work with diverse individuals and groups
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Proficient spoken and written English