Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
In May 2017, USAID awarded SI the Haiti Evaluation Survey Services (HESS). Within this contract, SI is required to conduct the Reforestation Activity Midterm Evaluation (MTE) in Northern Haiti.
The purpose of this MTE is to provide USAID/Haiti substantial information that will guide the ongoing implementation of the Reforestation Activity as it will help uncover potential weaknesses in activity implementation and lead to improvements. In addition, it will provide a benchmark that will be used to measure future programmatic impact. This evaluation will also alert stakeholders to changes in underlying assumptions and provide a firm foundation for on-going monitoring and evaluation
SI is seeking a Team Leader who will be responsible for coordinating and implementing all evaluation activities. The Team Leader will be working alongside an Assistant Team Leader, possibly a local Sector Specialist and two to three notetakers.
The Team Leader will:
- Perform a desk review and identify additional information required for analysis.
- Provide technical expertise and lead efforts in evaluation design, methodology, and data collection instruments.
- Develop and submit to ESS on time the inception report, evaluation design, oversee tool development, integrate findings from various sources, develop the in- and out-brief presentation materials, and coordinate preparation of the final report.
- Schedule and interview key stakeholders and beneficiaries.
- Coordinate team's ongoing analysis of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Respond to USAID comments on all deliverables, complete any necessary revisions and submit all final deliverables to ESS on time.
- Provide leadership for the team and coordinate activities as necessary.
- Work collaboratively with the team throughout design, implementation, analysis, and report writing to complement each other's areas of expertise.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- A degree in agro-forestry, natural resources management, international development, or a related field.
- At least 10 years of experience conducting performance and/or impact evaluations.
- Proven leadership and organizational skills to successfully manage and coordinate technical team.
- Familiarity with USAID programs, objectives, and reporting requirements.
- Knowledge of USAID agro-forestry, natural resources management and reforestation development programs.
- Exceptional organizational, analytical, writing, and presentation skills, including how to conceptualize and structure research activities.
- French fluency required.
- Familiarity with the ADS 201 and USAID’s Evaluation Policy.
- Previous work experience in managing multi-disciplinary teams and designing and conducting qualitative research in the Caribbean region. Haiti experience is strongly preferred.
- Strong gender and social analytical skills.