Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
- Palladium is seeking a Team Leader and a number of subject matter experts for an exciting DFID-funded programme in Nepal.
- The programme will follow learnings from global private sector development strategies and adapt them to the Nepali context. It will work with growth sectors in Nepal: Tourism, Manufacturing, ICT and Agro enterprise, supporting to tackle cross cutting constraints in the business environment across these sectors and in priority provinces by removing barriers to trade and investment. The programme will follow a number of modalities to support sector policies and support firms to increase exports.
Palladium is seeking candidates to fill a number of long term and short-term positions:
- Team Leader/Chief of Party
- Subject-matter experts in the areas of:
- Business environment reform
- Enterprise development and growth
- Provincial and municipal governance and public administration
- Export promotion
- Agribusiness, tourism, manufacturing and ICT development
Palladium is seeking candidates with a range of the following skills and expertise:
- Strong experience in planning, implementing and managing complex development programmes for donors (preferably DFID), including managing and mentoring senior members of staff, preferably in Nepal
- Strong expertise in building and managing programmatic relationships with high level stakeholders from government, civil society and donors
- Prior experience providing technical advisory to government and institutional stakeholders on business environment reform and industrial policy for firms
- Experience working with provincial and municipal authorities at the subnational level is strongly desirable
- Deep understanding of governance, public administration and key private sector players in Nepal
- Significant experience in supporting private sector development and business environment reform, preferably in Nepal
- Relevant academic background or commensurate experience
- Fluency in Nepali and English is a must