Scope Global – People Focused Programs
Scope Global is a specialist project management company delivering international development and education projects and programs throughout Asia and the Pacific. With over 25 years’ experience in managing people-focused programs on behalf of a wide range of clients, we offer extensive international experience and unique program management expertise and capabilities.
- One Team Culture – we collaborate and work towards shared goals
- Social Change – we believe that our daily work makes a difference in people’s lives – internationally, nationally and in South Australia
- Sustainable Growth – we are determined to innovate and grow our business into the future, in ways that make us proud
- Client Focused – we strive to exceed internal and external client expectations
- High Performance – we attract and develop diverse and passionate people capable of exceptional performance
Through Australia Awards in Mongolia, the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) provides opportunities for eligible nationals of Mongolia to undertake study in Australia in priority sectors agreed with the Government of Mongolia. Scope Global has been contracted to support DFAT in Mongolia in managing the administrative, logistical and managerial domain of Australia Awards in Mongolia.
About the opportunity:
The Team Leader is responsible for the delivery and quality of services required for Australia Awards in Mongolia. This includes strategic and annual planning, high level stakeholder engagement, and management and leadership of a program team of short-term advisers and national staff to effectively and strategically deliver the program.
- Position reports to: Senior Manager, Australia Awards
- Location: Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
- Contract type: Long-term adviser (ARF C3), fixed term until 16th September 2021
For more information please view the terms of reference.
- Advise DFAT on the most effective and relevant use of a range of education and training options including long-term scholarships and short courses
- Lead the development of annual plans, relevant strategies and other required operational documents
- Actively and strategically engage and work with senior DFAT officials, Government of Mongolia officials and other partners in defining strategies and implementing activities
- Provide technical, strategic, management and operational advice and support to DFAT on all aspects of the program
- Ensure that program activities are aligned with relevant policies and overarching strategies
- Be accountable for the effective and efficient management of the program team
- Significant experience in donor-funded program management and implementation, ideally including DFAT-funded programs
- Understanding of Mongolian society and culture with demonstrated work experience in the Mongolian context preferred
- Strong stakeholder engagement, communication and relationship management skills with the ability to build consensus and coordination across national government agencies preferably within a complex education environment
- Effective team and relationship development and management skills ideally in cross-cultural contexts
- Experience working on the Australian higher education sector
- A relevant postgraduate qualification, preferably related to international education and/or human resource development
What we offer:
- Friendly, positive, high performance organisational culture
- Meaningful and challenging work that makes a difference in the world, inspiring and connecting us
- Highly diverse and inclusive workforce with employees and program participants across over 50 countries, a focus on disability inclusive development, a Reconciliation Working Group, and equal opportunity to excel
- Employees are empowered to lead their own learning and development journey through online platforms, on the job experiences, and lunchtime learning sessions
Visit https://scopeglobal.bamboohr.com/jobs/ to find out more about the role and to submit your online application (upload your CV and a cover letter detailing your suitability).
Applications will close Sunday 7th April. Please note that only applications submitted via our online system will be considered.
Scope Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we pride ourselves on our diverse and inclusive workforce. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect for all employees, and we encourage people from different backgrounds to apply (including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from different cultural backgrounds and people with disabilities).
Scope Global is a child safe organisation and will ask all applicants to undergo our child safe recruitment procedures. All employees and representatives must sign and agree to conform to the Child Protection Policy and Code of Conduct as a condition of employment/engagement with the organisation.
To keep in touch with us and find out about future opportunities, follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.