Team Leader Education
Coffey , Suva, Fiji
Closing Date for Applications:
- The Australian Government has established the Fiji Program Support Facility (the Facility) to implement its education, health and scholarship aid programs in Fiji and its scholarship program in Tuvalu. The Facility will also support the delivery of Australia's emergency response efforts following natural disasters, and governance sector support when requested by the Fiji Government.
- The company managing the Facility on behalf of the Australian Government, Coffey, is currently seeking applications for the position of Team Leader Education to lead this new phase of support to the Ministry of Education in Fiji.
- The current Australian Government support to the Fiji Ministry of Education (MoE), Access to Quality Education (AQEP), finishes at the end of June 2017. The next phase of Australia's support to the Education Sector in Fiji commences from 1 July 2017. Currently under design, the next phase will draw on lessons learned during the 6 years of AQEP and further focus on sustainability strategies to assist building the capacity and resilience of the Fiji Ministry of Education.
- Working closely with DFAT Suva Post, the Team Leader Education will provide strategic advice, senior management and leadership in implementing and coordinating all aspects of the Education Program.
- The Team Leader will facilitate and support the strategic direction of the program ensuring alignment to MoE objectives and will also provide strategic direction to a team of technical advisers.
- The Team Leader will oversee the administration, implementation and monitoring of the Education Program, managing relevant personnel and financial resources and ensuring contracted activities are implemented to a high quality.
- The Team Leader will also ensure collaborative working relationships amongst a diverse range of stakeholders in the education sector as well as identifying opportunities to integrate activities with other entities, both government and non-government in Fiji.
- The Team Leader will also ensure the implementation of cross-cutting issues including gender equity and social inclusion, child protection, anti-corruption, climate change, disaster risk management and environmental protection across all program activities.
- The ideal candidate for this key position will have substantial leadership experience in planning, policy and program management of institutional strengthening initiatives in the education sector, preferably with experience working in the Pacific. We seek an outstanding candidate with excellent relationship management and team management skills, demonstrated high level coordination ability across national government agencies and understanding of a complex education environment, preferably in the Pacific.