Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
- About the Education Pathways to Peace in Mindanao (Pathways) Program
- Australian support to the education sector of the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao dates back more than 20 years. The Pathways program, which commenced in October 2017, has evolved Australian assistance to focus on strengthening the capacity of the local government to deliver inclusive, quality and conflict sensitive education outcomes within the region.
- The program focuses on education outcomes for early grades (K-3) and works closely with the Ministry of Basic, Higher and Technical Education and relevant local and national Philippine government agencies, local and international non-government organisations, research institutions, and teachers and communities, to enhance the delivery of services. While fostering collaboration with partners, the program seeks to improve education policy and service delivery.
- The program embraces a flexible and adaptive approach to implementation and the Team Leader will drive results in this dynamic context. The Team Leader will also facilitate engagement and strong communications with the program's consortium partners The Australian Centre for Education Research (ACER) and Orient Integrated Development Consultants (OIDCI).
- About the position
- We are seeking applications from individuals with experience in complex program management, ideally within the theme(s) of education, governance, fragility and conflict, and/or peace building. It is preferable that the Team Leader role be based in Cotabato City, but a Manila-based role with regular travel to Cotabato and throughout Mindanao can be negotiated. A competitive package will be offered to the successful applicant. Due to the specific location of this position, this package will include a special location allowance.
- Full terms of reference can be found here
Child Protection: The responsibilities of the Team Leader may require contact with children or young people.
Type of engagement: Full time employment
- The following are essential and desirable attributes in terms of skills and experience needed to perform this role successfully.
- Prior experience in senior management positions leading large, complex development programs;
- Experience working in complex, fragile or conflict-affected environment;
- Willingness to be based in Cotabato or in Manila with frequent travel to Cotabato and throughout Mindanao;
- An understanding of politically-smart and adaptive approaches to program implementation;
- Successful track record in leading and managing a diverse team to achieve outstanding results;
- Excellent written and verbal communication, liaison and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with the application of key Australian Aid policies, including those relating to gender equality and women's empowerment, disability, the environment and child protection (desirable)
- This vacancy is open for national and international applicants.
- Along with their CV (maximum 4 pages), interested applicants must submit a written response (maximum 2 pages) addressing their suitability for the role as per the attached ToR, (click here)with particular reference to how they meet the selection criteria above.