Current Hiring Practices and Trends in the Development Sector
- BY David Mackenzie
Tasks include but are not limited to:
· Manage the funds and financial assets of the Delegation including cash flow, cost control management, payments, (ensure advances for projects and Tacloban field office are maintained at an appropriate level as well as timely clearing of working advances and unpaid invoices);
· Supervise and/or support staff working in Finance (Includes petty cash, and Epicor entries, preparing PAs and checks);
· Manage the funds and financial assets of the Tacloban field office including cash flow, cost control management, payments, (ensure advances for projects and Tacloban field office are maintained at an appropriate level as well as timely clearing of working advances and unpaid invoices);
· Produce accurate and timely monthly financial reports and cash requests for Tacloban field office;
· In charge of ensuring Philippines Red Cross Leyte chapter project expenditures meet Philippine Red Cross and AmCross project / financial requirements in line with the Project Agreement.;
· Advise the Head of Programs and other staff on financial matters including budget development and analysis in the context of spending;
· In close consultation with the Head of Programs and Finance Delegate, monitor the budgets to ensure accurate accounting, authorization and internal control procedures, investigate and address significant variances;
· Support Tacloban field office staff in coordinating Finance/Program activities to ensure effective service delivery;
· Train, support, and advise field office staff and Philippines Red Cross Leyte Chapter counterparts in financial matters related to AmCross program requirements;
· Ensure all local staff timesheets, and per diem forms are compliant and consistent with standards; and
· Serves as AmCross Delegation liaison with Philippines Red Cross, and, under guidance of the Finance Delegate, with NHQ International Finance Services
· Oversee TTL Finance staff to ensure accuracy of documentations and all deliverables are met.
· Advise the Finance Delegate and the Country Representative and other staff on financial matters including budget development and analysis in the context of Philippines;
· Train, support, and advise program staff and Philippines Red Cross in financial matters related to TTL program requirements;
· Take lead role in organizing/coordinating audits;
Perform other tasks as assigned by the Finance Delegate or NHQ Finance.
Minimum Required Profile:
· Experience of working for the Red Cross/Red Crescent (preferred)
· 2 years’ experience of working for a humanitarian aid organization in financial management (preferred).
· 2 years’ experience of analyzing, planning, and managing finances and budgets (required)
· Knowledge of general accounting software systems (required)
· Self-supporting in computers (Windows, spreadsheets, word-processing) (preferred)
· Languages: English (required)
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line of your email please state the position you are applying for, your surname and first name.
*Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.